TWRP / Orangefox recovery for Redmi Note 9 Pro (Joyeuse)

nothing, "unable to install system applications from unofficial channels"
I also activated installs from unknown sources

Attachments

• thumbnail_Screenshot_2021-05-30-14-43-10-924_com.miui.packageinstaller.jpg
    thumbnail_Screenshot_2021-05-30-14-43-10-924_com.miui.packageinstaller.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 158
nothing gives the same error, also in developer options there is no MIUI optimization item

nothing gives the same error, also in developer options there is no MIUI optimization item
Here are the correct steps:

1) Install Google "Package installer" app => https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/googl...ge-installer-11-7083952-android-apk-download/

2) Open FileManager app included with the ROM

3) In "Recent" menu, select "com.google.android.modulemetadata_..." file then, in "Open with" popup, select Google "Package installer" app (down arrow icon) and install it

4) Reboot your device

;)

Here are the correct steps:

1) Install Google "Package installer" app => https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/googl...ge-installer-11-7083952-android-apk-download/

2) Open FileManager app included with the ROM

3) In "Recent" menu, select "com.google.android.modulemetadata_..." file then, in "Open with" popup, select Google "Package installer" app (down arrow icon) and install it

4) Reboot your device

;)

now it seems to go, it no longer restarts by itself, hoping those apk are not harmful.
What did the error depend on?

now it seems to go, it no longer restarts by itself, hoping those apk are not harmful.
What did the error depend on?
I don't know why updating Google Play security patch via the "Security" menu in phone's settings doesn't work correctly...

About "unable to install system applications from unofficial channels", it's a Xiaomi.eu's design.

@Igor Eisberg Is it possible to add in the whitelist "com.google.android.modulemetadata" to help to install Google Play security patch updates?

I don't know why updating Google Play security patch via the "Security" menu in phone's settings doesn't work correctly...

About "unable to install system applications from unofficial channels", it's a Xiaomi.eu's design.

@Igor Eisberg Is it possible to add in the whitelist "com.google.android.modulemetadata" to help to install Google Play security patch updates?
Sure, but I'm not sure if the security patch update even goes through MIUI Package installer at all. How did you decide that?

Sure, but I'm not sure if the security patch update even goes through MIUI Package installer at all. How did you decide that?
I don't know when Google Play security updates are available in "Security" menu (seems it takes months...), in phone's settings, nor how they are installed...

I'm just asking to unlock manual installation, using a downloaded apk from ApkMirror. ^^

I don't know when Google Play security updates are available in "Security" menu (seems it takes months...), in phone's settings, nor how they are installed...

I'm just asking to unlock manual installation, using a downloaded apk from ApkMirror. ^^
OK, but why? How does updating the metadata APK helps with anything? It's just a tiny APK with a list of Google packages, nothing else. Updating it doesn't seem to have any obvious benefit.

no root, thanks to @Poney70 's advice it worked but honestly I didn't like installing apk manually I would have preferred if everything worked normally.

could it be that it depends on the TWRP version?
I think that compared to @danielpt we have two different versions and he says it works without problems

Hello everyone, well, I want to expose my situation and if someone clarifies some questions and doubts, I have the Redmi Note 9 Pro EEA, joyeuse, MIUI 12.0.4 Global QJZEUXM and in this forum if I'm not mistaken it talks and talks about this: QJZMIXM, and this leads me to doubt whether it is the correct way to install Xiaomi.eu rom, in the version that is possible and the correct one for my device.
After waiting 100 hours I was able to unlock the bootloader, right there. Try following the instructions found to install the recovery TWRP-miatoll-v3.5.2-17042021 through Fastboot, reboot from fastboot and accessed it, I made a backup and for that time I left it like that as I did not have more time to proceed to the installation off the rom, but today when I tried to access the recovery by pressing Power + Volume Down it takes me to the MIUI recovery, the official one, you can get me out of these doubts, thank you very much in advance.

Hello everyone, well, I want to expose my situation and if someone clarifies some questions and doubts, I have the Redmi Note 9 Pro EEA, joyeuse, MIUI 12.0.4 Global QJZEUXM and in this forum if I'm not mistaken it talks and talks about this: QJZMIXM, and this leads me to doubt whether it is the correct way to install Xiaomi.eu rom, in the version that is possible and the correct one for my device.
After waiting 100 hours I was able to unlock the bootloader, right there. Try following the instructions found to install the recovery TWRP-miatoll-v3.5.2-17042021 through Fastboot, reboot from fastboot and accessed it, I made a backup and for that time I left it like that as I did not have more time to proceed to the installation off the rom, but today when I tried to access the recovery by pressing Power + Volume Down it takes me to the MIUI recovery, the official one, you can get me out of these doubts, thank you very much in advance.
Hello,

You can install Xiaomi.eu ROM from any other ROM, no worries. ;)

When you are on an Official ROM, the recovery partition is overridden (to flash the stock recovery back) when your device boots to system. This "security system" is disabled in Xiaomi.eu ROMs.

:)

You have detailed installation instructions in the 1st post!!!
There is section "How to install: ". Use russian autoinstaller from October 23, 2020.
You have to follow the instructions exactly, you must not miss anything.
From russian TWRP you can easy install newest TWRP versions.

It is important that immediately after installing TWRP you must not let the phone boot into the System, but you must jump to TWRP. Otherwise it will be overwritten by the original recovery.

Last edited:
Hello,

You can install Xiaomi.eu ROM from any other ROM, no worries. ;)

When you are on an Official ROM, the recovery partition is overridden (to flash the stock recovery back) when your device boots to system. This "security system" is disabled in Xiaomi.eu ROMs.

:)
Thank so much,well, i'm, my device is with the xioami official 12.0.4, no worries with it, bootloader unlocked, i undertand what you say about the recovery mean when i reboot to the system and cannot access again to TWRP, to thosse point i am clearly. My confussion it is about this : hardware devices took it name codes as mine "JOYEUSE" than others turcana or so, software codes, mean rom codes QJZEUXM (mine) and QJZMIXM, xiaomi rom code, ad my question is this : should run that rom as it codenamed QJZMIXM on the device i own rom codenamed QJZEUXM? without hasle?

Thank so much,well, i'm, my device is with the xioami official 12.0.4, no worries with it, bootloader unlocked, i undertand what you say about the recovery mean when i reboot to the system and cannot access again to TWRP, to thosse point i am clearly. My confussion it is about this : hardware devices took it name codes as mine "JOYEUSE" than others turcana or so, software codes, mean rom codes QJZEUXM (mine) and QJZMIXM, xiaomi rom code, ad my question is this : should run that rom as it codenamed QJZMIXM on the device i own rom codenamed QJZEUXM? without hasle?
Here is the meaning of the seven letters of Stable versions of Xiaomi ROMs:

Miui-spiegazione.jpg

;)

Last edited:
Hi, yes i've seen something like before, mine as today it is the Q related Android 10, and looking there is only interchange between EEA and Global versions ?