TWRP / Orangefox recovery for Redmi Note 9 Pro (Joyeuse)

WooW XoXo, just i caught to another disguises, the thing: "RN9Pro_Installer_TWRP_3.5.0_10-0.exe" that's mean .EXE, miht this out of the mean, but maybe i got light over, Systems Operating systems that natively use this format are DOS, Microsoft Windows, OS / 2, and ReactOS.NOT ONE OF THOSE I USE AS TODAY, also i appreciate any effort's to any community mean and i dig so more make anything work/run outside it's, like i found and used XiaoMiToolV2 from

francescotescari
at github to unlock the bootloader device.

WooW XoXo, just i caught to another disguises, the thing: "RN9Pro_Installer_TWRP_3.5.0_10-0.exe" that's mean .EXE, miht this out of the mean, but maybe i got light over, Systems Operating systems that natively use this format are DOS, Microsoft Windows, OS / 2, and ReactOS.NOT ONE OF THOSE I USE AS TODAY, also i appreciate any effort's to any community mean and i dig so more make anything work/run outside it's, like i found and used XiaoMiToolV2 from

francescotescari
at github to unlock the bootloader device.
the few i do are running Debian'itś coded.

Hello Team i do it with´s :
Instructions for install Twrp with automatic installer:
0 -Back up all your data (photos, videos, files, etc.), the whole phone will be deleted
1 - The phone must have the Bootloader unlocked
2 -You need to have drivers installed (you probably already have them when you unlocked Recovery - they are packed in a ZIP)
3 -Restart the phone to Fastboot mode (turn on the phone by holding down Vol- and Power), this picture will appear on the phone

Bootloader.jpg

4 -Run the file "joyeuse_TWRP3.4.1B_autoinstall.exe" on your PC
5 -Now connect the phone to the PC and click on "Установить"
6 -Installation will take place, a black text window will open where you have to press Enter several times
7 -Close the program window on the PC by clicking on "Bыход "
8 -After installation, hold down the Power button to turn off the phone from Fastboot mode
9 -Turn on phone by pressing at the same time Power and Volume+ buttons, until phone will vibrates, then release the buttons.
10 -When the TWRP starts up for the first time, you need to immediately click on the language setting button and select English
11 -Then setup your TWRP, time zone, etc.
And followed with :
Follows the ROM installation:
12 -Download recovery version latest ROM 12.0.2.0
13 -In TWRP click on Wipe, then on Format Data -> type "yes" (this will decrypt the phone)
14 -Now you need to restart the phone to TWRP (in TWRP click on the Reboot button, then click on the Recovery button) !!! ( important, otherwise it will not work)
15 -In TWRP, connect the phone to the PC and copy the ROM to Internal storage
16 -Install ROM (In TWRP click on Install and select ZIP from storage)
17 -Restart to System
All goes fine :
But, my device always back in recovery, any help please.

I do not understand your question.

If your problem is that after TWRP installation will stay in phone original recovery, here is my answer:

It is very important to do point 9.
If you do not do it, prone will reboot to original recovery.

9 -Turn on phone by pressing at the same time Power and Volume+ buttons, until phone will vibrates, then release the buttons.

If you have active TWRP in the phone, you have to install MIUI.EU ROM, as is written in instruction - > Follows the ROM installation:

Last edited:
Any of you people having problem with magisk after android 11 update?
I updated to android 11 from android 10 12.0.3.0 and everything works good until the point where i patch the boot image.
I mean if i don't patch the boot everything works, but if i patch it i get a restart loop.
After patching boot with magisk and restarting it keeps rebooting to recovery after 5 minutes of waiting on MIUI logo.
Then an error shows up on TWRP "rescue party trigger android"
Anyone knows why is that happening?

Any of you people having problem with magisk after android 11 update?
I updated to android 11 from android 10 12.0.3.0 and everything works good until the point where i patch the boot image.
I mean if i don't patch the boot everything works, but if i patch it i get a restart loop.
After patching boot with magisk and restarting it keeps rebooting to recovery after 5 minutes of waiting on MIUI logo.
Then an error shows up on TWRP "rescue party trigger android"
Anyone knows why is that happening?
Same problem here.

To be honest though, with the the device being certified in Google Play, the only thing I'm missing is adaway so haven't bothered with it.

Reactions: Poney70
Hello, TWRP 3.5.2_10-0 (the latest update at 06/12/2021) doesn't work with the latest Xiaomi/Redmi update V12.0.1.0.RJZMIXM (under android 11, i have a Redmi Note 9 Pro Global), indeed, TWRP doesn't ask anymore for the user password ("Unable to decrypt FBE device"), so it doesn't unlock partitions and is it now impossible to flash any zip mod to the phone.
Fortunately, is it still possible to save the boot partition for installing Magisk by flashing the magisk's boot image with the fastboot mode.

For example, I tried to install systemRW, it worked perfectly before the Xiaomi update but now it give me errors such as it can't access to partitions.

Do you know if it'll be fixed soon ?

Hello, TWRP 3.5.2_10-0 (the latest update at 06/12/2021) doesn't work with the latest Xiaomi/Redmi update V12.0.1.0.RJZMIXM (under android 11, i have a Redmi Note 9 Pro Global), indeed, TWRP doesn't ask anymore for the user password ("Unable to decrypt FBE device"), so it doesn't unlock partitions and is it now impossible to flash any zip mod to the phone.
Fortunately, is it still possible to save the boot partition for installing Magisk by flashing the magisk's boot image with the fastboot mode.

For example, I tried to install systemRW, it worked perfectly before the Xiaomi update but now it give me errors such as it can't access to partitions.

Do you know if it'll be fixed soon ?
Try another custom Recovery => https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=318234&sort_by=date&sort_dir=DESC

Try @geoanto555's TWRP or OrangeFox. ;)

Reactions: androik

Hello, i've tried :
- PBRP-miatoll-3.1.0-20210330-1801-OFFICIAL
- twrp-3.5.1.A10-joyeuse-geoanto555
- OrangeFox-joyeuse-stable@R11.0_0

None of them works, they don't asking me my user password, moreover, when I choose to explore my Internal Storage partition, i can see multiples files and directory with weird names (such as "2WH+plVCR ..."), absolutely nothing that looks like as my real internal storage, so I thinks this is the clue that none of those recovery works and decrypted the encryption.

Do you have any other ideas ?
Thanks

Hello, i've tried :
- PBRP-miatoll-3.1.0-20210330-1801-OFFICIAL
- twrp-3.5.1.A10-joyeuse-geoanto555
- OrangeFox-joyeuse-stable@R11.0_0

Do you have any other ideas ?
Thanks
You can try to set a pattern, instead of a PIN/password, for your screen lock. Then reboot to Recovery and it should ask for your pattern. :)

You can try to set a pattern, instead of a PIN/password, for your screen lock. Then reboot to Recovery and it should ask for your pattern. :)
Doesn't work either, none of them ask me for a pattern.
I think that all of those recovery doesn't recognize the Android Security model, where is stocked the password or the encryption, is the new update changed something about that ? Is it due to android 11 ? Or maybe is it a bug in the rom (unlikely) ?

Please note that i have also a fingerprint defined in my phone, and the OTA update, when i choose to click on "Reboot to update", passed by TWRP (which was installed as recovery on my phone) and it flashed the OTA update (without any error anyway).

Doesn't work either, none of them ask me for a pattern.
I think that all of those recovery doesn't recognize the Android Security model, where is stocked the password or the encryption, is the new update changed something about that ? Is it due to android 11 ? Or maybe is it a bug in the rom (unlikely) ?

Please note that i have also a fingerprint defined in my phone, and the OTA update, when i choose to click on "Reboot to update", passed by TWRP (which was installed as recovery on my phone) and it flashed the OTA update (without any error anyway).
Likely due to Xiaomi and an encryption change... ;)

OTA update may work if the ROM file is downloaded/moved to a not-encrypted path of your device (e.g.: In "/data/media" folder instead of "/data/media/0" = Internal storage). :)

Likely due to Xiaomi and an encryption change... ;)

OTA update may work if the ROM file is downloaded/moved to a not-encrypted path of your device (e.g.: In "/data/media" folder instead of "/data/media/0" = Internal storage). :)
Ok, so you probably don't know when a new TWRP will fix this.
Do you know if currently TWRP support Android 11 ? It can be the issue

Sorry but I don't understand how you can download/move into data/media the OTA update ?

So you know if I can download the previous OTA update to revert my current android version to 10 ? While waiting for a fix for Android 11

Thanks

If it's not done by the Updater automatically, you need Magisk/root to move files outside the "Internal Storage" path.

There's a misunderstanding I think : the OTA update worked, so there's no need to move the ROM file (in the case that I've downloaded it from miui) outside my Internal Storage ^^.
Anyway, I'll waiting for a fix, but I really want to understand why it doesn't work, which part of my configuration (ROM, recovery, android version ...) can cause this bug.
Thanks you Poney70 for all your replies.

I have some information that I found on TWRP official website and on their github : TWRP does not still support in stable release android 11.
So that's why all of those recovery aren't working with the new update from Xiaomi.

However, there's a TWRP github's branch that is still in progress that is dedicated to android 11.
I really would to compile this branch to make TWRP work with the new update with the Redmi Note 9 family devices, unfortunately i'm launching myself into the unknown, so it'll probably don't work.

I have some information that I found on TWRP official website and on their github : TWRP does not still support in stable release android 11.
So that's why all of those recovery aren't working with the new update from Xiaomi.

However, there's a TWRP github's branch that is still in progress that is dedicated to android 11.
I really would to compile this branch to make TWRP work with the new update with the Redmi Note 9 family devices, unfortunately i'm launching myself into the unknown, so it'll probably don't work.
I got twrp and android 11 update...

Enviado do meu Redmi Note 9 Pro através do Tapatalk

I got twrp and android 11 update...
But is TWRP decrypting correctly partitions as Internal Storage (refered for me as "/sdcard") ?
For me no, the current TWRP is loading and I can access TWRP, but I don't have to enter my password in TWRP, which normally is needed to decrypt partitions.
As @Poney70 said, this is due to a changement of how android 11 encrypt partitions.

But is TWRP decrypting correctly partitions as Internal Storage (refered for me as "/sdcard") ?
For me no, the current TWRP is loading and I can access TWRP, but I don't have to enter my password in TWRP, which normally is needed to decrypt partitions.
As @Poney70 said, this is due to a changement of how android 11 encrypt partitions.
For my works perfect

Enviado do meu Redmi Note 9 Pro através do Tapatalk

For my works perfect

Ok, so if it works on your device, what's wrong with mine ?

EDIT : I finally get it worked ! By a weird way ...
I flashed, using TWRP, the OTA update once again, but, instead of flashing the recovery, i made
Code:
flashboot boot recovery.img
, and it worked, but if I flash TWRP, it still doesn't work

Last edited:
Ok, so if it works on your device, what's wrong with mine ?

EDIT : I finally get it worked ! By a weird way ...
I flashed, using TWRP, the OTA update once again, but, instead of flashing the recovery, i made
Code:
flashboot boot recovery.img
, and it worked, but if I flash TWRP, it still doesn't work

The problem is you are using a recovery based on A10 sources to try to decrypt a A11 rom (note the 10 at the end of the filename)

I'm using the April 20 build of pitchblack recovery by dungphp Link and have no issues decrypting

Reactions: Poney70