TWRP / Orangefox recovery for Redmi Note 9 Pro (Joyeuse)

The problem is you are using a recovery based on A10 sources to try to decrypt a A11 rom (note the 10 at the end of the filename)

I'm using the April 20 build of pitchblack recovery by dungphp Link and have no issues decrypting

I've tried flashing the recovery that you give me, but it still didn't work (no password asked, I go directly to the main menu).
BUT, it worked if I only push it through "fastboot boot recovery.img", as the current TWRP recovery available on this thread.

I still don't understand why if i flash my recovery, the password isn't asked, but if I push the recovery temporally, is it asked.

Hello, I just updated to Miui 12.0.1 (Android 11) on my RN9Pro Joyeuse and of course no more TWRP nor Root. I read the previous posts but am puzzled, which Custom Recovery to install and how to put Magisk back ? Thx

Fr:
Bonjour, je viens de faire la mise à jour vers Miui 12.0.1 sur mon RN9Pro joyeuse et bien sûr plus de TWRP ni de Root. J'ai lu les précédents posts mais suis perplexe, quel Custom Recovery installer et comment remettre Magisk ?merci

Hello, I just updated to Miui 12.0.1 (Android 11) on my RN9Pro Joyeuse and of course no more TWRP nor Root. I read the previous posts but am puzzled, which Custom Recovery to install and how to put Magisk back ? Thx
Hello, you should not lose your TWRP if you are on Xiaomi.eu ROMs...

Flash this TWRP => https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=2188818919693774397

Follow this guide to install Magisk, it will certainly help you => https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...nstalling-android-11-update.60181/post-594671

;)

Thank you for your answer. Indeed I am still with the stock rom. When you "flash this" do you mean in fastboot mode? Should I rename the twrp-3.5.1.A10-joyeuse-geoanto555.img file to recovery.img ? thx

Thank you for your answer. Indeed I am still with the stock rom. When you "flash this" do you mean in fastboot mode? Should I rename the twrp-3.5.1.A10-joyeuse-geoanto555.img file to recovery.img ? thx
Yes, "flash this" = boot your device in fastboot mode and use fastboot flash recovery filename.img command. ;)

You can rename it if you want but it's not mandatory. Smply use the current filename in the fastboot command. :)

P.S.: If TWRP is overrided by Mi Recovery when you boot to System, try to remove this file in TWRP ("Advanced" menu => "File Manager"):
/system/bin/install-recovery.sh

so in file manager> bin, i have a recovery file and an install file but not install-recovery.sh, i also tried flashing uninstall.zip from external sdcard it made me Failed, the internal partition is encrypted, the names of folders / files incomprehensible

so in file manager> bin, i have a recovery file and an install file but not install-recovery.sh, i also tried flashing uninstall.zip from external sdcard it made me Failed, the internal partition is encrypted, the names of folders / files incomprehensible
You may need to use a pattern for unlocking the screen of your device, in phone's settings (instead of a PIN/password). :)

I forgot to tell you to mount "System" partition in TWRP, to be able to see & remove

-OR-

/system_root/system/bin/install-recovery.sh

in "File Manager". ;)

You may need to use a pattern for unlocking the screen of your device, in phone's settings (instead of a PIN/password). :)

I forgot to tell you to mount "System" partition in TWRP, to be able to see & remove

-OR-

/system_root/system/bin/install-recovery.sh

in "File Manager". ;)
I just have a schema but it does not ask for anything to unlock. Every time it reboots on stock recovery do I have to reflash twrp, or if I find and remove install-recovery I would automatically have twrp ??

Yes, look to 1st post, I gave there link yesterday...

Look for this: Download latest recovery version MIUI ROM 12.0.1.0 based on Android 11 or MIUI ROM 12.0.3.0 based on Android 10

Thank you very much! Now I have an updated TWRP and MIUI 12!

But the first post I find very, very confusing. How should I know what is up to date and what is not?
- what is PitchBlack?
- from November 12 is still a TWRP 3.4 linked, why?
- and then there are links like this one: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=321133 where I end up on a page where I don't know what file exactly I need.

And finally, it would be nice if you could clearly distinguish between the first installation and an update (and between TWRP and xiaomi.eu ROM).

Despite all the criticism: thank you very much again!
Micha

Thank you very much! Now I have an updated TWRP and MIUI 12!

But the first post I find very, very confusing. How should I know what is up to date and what is not?
- what is PitchBlack?
- from November 12 is still a TWRP 3.4 linked, why?
- and then there are links like this one: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=321133 where I end up on a page where I don't know what file exactly I need.

And finally, it would be nice if you could clearly distinguish between the first installation and an update (and between TWRP and xiaomi.eu ROM).

Despite all the criticism: thank you very much again!
Micha

Hi, new Android 11 ROM version is here: xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote9ProEU_V12.0.4.0.RJZMIXM_v12-11.zip
Install it by latest OrangeFox-miatoll-stable@R11.1_1.zip , do not use TWRP!

Currently, latest Orangefox is better than the last TWRP.

Installation instructions in Czech language here: https://www.miuios.cz/navod-na-instalaci-miui-7-8-9-10-11-12-cz-sk-25645

Soon I will change the first post to be clear what needs to be done if you install a new phone.

Last edited:
Reactions: JiaiJ
Hi, new Android 11 ROM version is here: xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote9ProEU_V12.0.4.0.RJZMIXM_v12-11.zip
Install it by latest OrangeFox-miatoll-stable@R11.1_1.zip , do not use TWRP!

Currently, latest Orangefox is better than the last TWRP.

Installation instructions in Czech language here: https://www.miuios.cz/navod-na-instalaci-miui-7-8-9-10-11-12-cz-sk-25645

Soon I will change the first post to be clear what needs to be done if you install a new phone.

Hi!

Can Orangefox be installed from TWRP? Or how should TWRP be replaced with OrangeFox?
Currently, the 12.0.4.0RJZMIXM ROM is up and the TWRP 3.4.0-14 -mauronofrio is up.

Thanks

@uzozo Hello, you can - and it's recommended - use your actual custom recovery (TWRP) to directly install the OrangeFox's zip. ;)

Hi!

Can Orangefox be installed from TWRP? Or how should TWRP be replaced with OrangeFox?
Currently, the 12.0.4.0RJZMIXM ROM is up and the TWRP 3.4.0-14 -mauronofrio is up.

Thanks
- install Orangefox recovery first (just install ZIP file from TWRP and reboot to recovery)
- then install latest Android 11 recovery ROM 12.0.4.0

All download links are in the 1st post:
- Latest version OrangeFox-miatoll-stable@R11.1_1.zip from July 24, 2021 OrangeFox-miatoll-stable@R11.1_1.zip
- Latest MIUI.EU recovery ROM 12.0.4.0

Both works very well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Poney70
Hello,
I installed the latest version of Orangefox (thank you Rbarat for the update) as well as Miui 12.0.4.0 then, for fear of having problems reinstalling the root, I uninstalled Magisk with Uninstall.zip and deleted the app . How do I reinstall Magisk? (I saw a Magisk tab in Orangefox)
Thank you

Hello,
I installed the latest version of Orangefox (thank you Rbarat for the update) as well as Miui 12.0.4.0 then, for fear of having problems reinstalling the root, I uninstalled Magisk with Uninstall.zip and deleted the app . How do I reinstall Magisk? (I saw a Magisk tab in Orangefox)
Thank you
Hello,
Simply reinstall the Magisk.zip file... ^^

Reactions: androik
Hi pony, thanks for your answer, you mean I reinstall by flashing Magisk zip? I was wondering if Orangefox had a built-in Magisk install feature, which would avoid downloading and flashing the zip?

Hi pony, thanks for your answer, you mean I reinstall by flashing Magisk zip? I was wondering if Orangefox had a built-in Magisk install feature, which would avoid downloading and flashing the zip?
I don't know what Magisk version your OrangeFox is including so my best advice is to download & install the latest Magisk version. ;)

I don't know what Magisk version your OrangeFox is including so my best advice is to download & install the latest Magisk version.
It is version 21 which is contained in Magisk. I installed the last version after renaming it to zip. Adaway works correctly, Magisk having installed Systemless hosts.
Thank you for your availability Poney. (tu gères ;) )

Reactions: Poney70
Atest Magisk version is 23

Download it and rename apk to zip. Then you can install it as ZIP from Orangefox.

Last edited: