TWRP question for Redmi K30 Pro

T

Tsim Pouki

There is a TWRP compatible with Android 12 for my Redmi K30 Pro. Should I flash it now or will have problems because the phone is still on Android 11?

There is no TWRP that is compatible with Android 12.
The one that works only decrypts data partition if the lock screen is insecure (PIN/password/pattern is not set).
Many users must have a secure lock screen and fingerprint lock set for multiple reasons, like payment features.
For that reason, our future Android 12 releases will remain fastboot ROMs until a proper TWRP is released.

Reactions: Keetn3
There is no TWRP that is compatible with Android 12.
The one that works only decrypts data partition if the lock screen is insecure (PIN/password/pattern is not set).
Many users must have a secure lock screen and fingerprint lock set for multiple reasons, like payment features.
For that reason, our future Android 12 releases will remain fastboot ROMs until a proper TWRP is released.
Thank you for the reply!
This is the version that (supposedly) works, I don't know if I can somehow check it's functionality.

I found the link from this thread

Yes, it's a nice TWRP, I'm using it on Mi 10 as well, but it can't decrypt data partition when the lock screen is secure, which means you can't see your files on Internal storage and you'll only be able to flash a ROM if you use an OTG flash drive (or remove lock screen security).
Thus, it's not good enough for our ROM deployment.

Yes, it's a nice TWRP, I'm using it on Mi 10 as well, but it can't decrypt data partition when the lock screen is secure, which means you can't see your files on Internal storage and you'll only be able to flash a ROM if you use an OTG flash drive (or remove lock screen security).
Thus, it's not good enough for our ROM deployment.
So in your opinion, is there any point of using the specific version before or/and after updating to Android 12?

So in your opinion, is there any point of using the specific version before or/and after updating to Android 12?
If you're using Magisk, then you can still sideload it and flash it using that TWRP.
Or, if your lock screen is insecure anyway, you can flash Magisk from internal storage directly.
Can't think of any other use for it.

If you're using Magisk, then you can still sideload it and flash it using that TWRP.
Or, if your lock screen is insecure anyway, you can flash Magisk from internal storage directly.
Can't think of any other use for it.
What do you mean by secure and insecure lock screen? I use a pin for example, is that considered secure? Sorry for asking too many questions, I don't know how A12 works

What do you mean by secure and insecure lock screen? I use a pin for example, is that considered secure? Sorry for asking too many questions, I don't know how A12 works
I explained what insecure lock screen means in the first reply, in parentheses.

Reactions: gogocar62
Hello, I have a redmi K30 pro (poco F2 pro, lmi), with a xiaomi.eu miui 12.5 rom and twrp-3.5.2-0-lmi-manuelbianco. I saw that there are several updates of twrp, how could I update it? By just flashing the new version like I flashed the old version? Second question, I saw that there was miui13 china fastboot, in this forum what does China mean? Is it the pure Chinese version or the Chinese version with the translations? Global is the official Global version or Global xiaomi.eu? Im new here and im a bit confused. Sorry for my english, im french. Thanks in advance for your help.

Hello, I have a redmi K30 pro (poco F2 pro, lmi), with a xiaomi.eu miui 12.5 rom and twrp-3.5.2-0-lmi-manuelbianco. I saw that there are several updates of twrp, how could I update it? By just flashing the new version like I flashed the old version? Second question, I saw that there was miui13 china fastboot, in this forum what does China mean? Is it the pure Chinese version or the Chinese version with the translations? Global is the official Global version or Global xiaomi.eu? Im new here and im a bit confused. Sorry for my english, im french. Thanks in advance for your help.
1) there is no need to update twrp since there is no working version for Android 12 (if you want for any reason just flash a different version like you did the first time)
2) China means that it is based on Chinese ROMs. The extras are translations, Google play services and other features that you can't find in other official ROMs
3) By global, here it means that there are no official Chinese ROMs so the xiaomi.eu ROMs are based on global official ROMs (it doesn't affect the phone that you and I have, I'm not aware of feature differences in this case)

1) there is no need to update twrp since there is no working version for Android 12 (if you want for any reason just flash a different version like you did the first time)
2) China means that it is based on Chinese ROMs. The extras are translations, Google play services and other features that you can't find in other official ROMs
3) By global, here it means that there are no official Chinese ROMs so the xiaomi.eu ROMs are based on global official ROMs (it doesn't affect the phone that you and I have, I'm not aware of feature differences in this case)
What's about this version: twrp-3.6.0_11-v3.3_A12-lmi-skkk.img in here https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=318240 ??
I'm waiting for miui13 update, and I saw miui 13 for lmi china fastboot here and I dont know what to do...

What's about this version: twrp-3.6.0_11-v3.3_A12-lmi-skkk.img in here https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=318240 ??
I'm waiting for miui13 update, and I saw miui 13 for lmi china fastboot here and I dont know what to do...
I don't know, I haven't tried to update twrp yet. For the fastboot update, download the rom, extract it in a folder, backup your data, turn off the phone, turn it on in fastboot mode, connect it to the pc and run the .bat file that DOESN'T include the phrase format data

I don't know, I haven't tried to update twrp yet. For the fastboot update, download the rom, extract it in a folder, backup your data, turn off the phone, turn it on in fastboot mode, connect it to the pc and run the .bat file that DOESN'T include the phrase format data
Thank a lot man for your reactivity, do you have lmi device ? Do you update it ? Do you confirm if I do exactly what you said, I will not mess up my device ? What about futurs update? Sorry too much question im a newbie . Im more confortable with twrp for flashing but I will try fastboot method. I read here that twrp not compatible with Android 12 you will not be able to decrypt datas in twrp if you device is locked by password, you will probably need to check if that new twrp is working properly, I found the link here by the way.

Thank a lot man for your reactivity, do you have lmi device ? Do you update it ? Do you confirm if I do exactly what you said, I will not mess up my device ? What about futurs update? Sorry too much question im a newbie . Im more confortable with twrp for flashing but I will try fastboot method. I read here that twrp not compatible with Android 12 you will not be able to decrypt datas in twrp if you device is locked by password, you will probably need to check if that new twrp is working properly, I found the link here by the way.
0) anytime
1) yes, I have the same phone with you, that's why I watch this thread
2) I confirm that if you do what I said you have very little chances of messing things up (there is always a small chance of failure, it's normal and too low)
3) future updates will be shared the same way (fastboot) untill (if) a working twrp is released. I doubt it for this phone because there is no official twrp
4) I probably won't change twrp (for a non-100% working version like this) since everything else works so I have no benefits of it. Please note that you'll have problem if you flash fastboot rom with any twrp even with a working one. Fastboot ROMs must be flashed with fastboot and recovery with recovery (twrp/orangefox etc)

There is no TWRP that can decrypt data partition when the lock screen has a security method set.
This includes that TWRP.
Is there any point of flashing it? The current that I have (made for Android 11) crashes when I reboot to recovery

Updated successfully thanks guys for your assistance. If I understand correctly, the only way to update the system is via fastboot, until the release of a twrp capable of working at 100%. I had never updated via fastboot, but it looks even simpler than twrp. Well I activate the notification of this post. Thanks again.

Updated successfully thanks guys for your assistance. If I understand correctly, the only way to update the system is via fastboot, until the release of a twrp capable of working at 100%. I had never updated via fastboot, but it looks even simpler than twrp. Well I activate the notification of this post. Thanks again Thank you again.
Anytime

Reactions: hyad94
Hey beautiful peeps, one question, how can I clean the dalvik cache without twrp ? There are a few bugs with the new update, including a 4G and wifi connectivity issue that forces me to restart my phone every hour. Thanks

Hey beautiful peeps, one question, how can I clean the dalvik cache without twrp ? There are a few bugs with the new update, including a 4G and wifi connectivity issue that forces me to restart my phone every hour. Thanks
you can use adb / fastboot / mix explorer with root… as example

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
# fastboot erase cache -> will not clear davlik
# reboot
# adb shell
# su system
# rm -r /data/dalvik-cache/
# rm -r /cache/
# reboot
# install magisk & mix explorer
# grant root in magisk to mix explorer
# grant root access in mix explorer -> settings - more settings - allow root
# change to /data/dalvik-cache and delete the files / directories
# change to /cache/ and delete the files / directories
# reboot

you can use adb / fastboot / mix explorer with root… as example

# fastboot erase cache -> will not clear davlik
# reboot
# adb shell
# su system
# rm -r /data/dalvik-cache/
# rm -r /cache/
# reboot
# install magisk & mix explorer
# grant root in magisk to mix explorer
# grant root access in mix explorer -> settings - more settings - allow root
# change to /data/dalvik-cache and delete the files / directories
# change to /cache/ and delete the files / directories
# reboot
I can read su (super user) system... I understand that I need to root my smartphone to clean the dalvik ?! Or no ? Personally I prefer to stay without root

Hello guys, there is a new update for Redmi k30 pro, but not fastboot version. There new version twrp I saw in lmi folder, its fine to flash this new version ?