[TWRP][OFRP][PBRP] List of relevant recovery in one place

Twrp (Alpha) Poco F3/Redmi K40 (Alioth)

Wow, orange fox for custom recovery on umi? I should probably check that.
Edit: Do you happen to have the source of the recovery? Like an xda thread?
Yes - I'm intrigued about this as well. I've never seen Orange Fox, or what facilities it has. I hope that the backup is as good as TWRP.
[Edit: Here's an old-ish comparison between the two. It says that Orange Fox seems to have more facilities. I shall continue looking for references.]

Last edited:
Reactions: Blastboom Strice
Well... Freezes on the OrangeFox logo and after a few seconds reboots... Not looking so hot.
Likewise, with a Fastboot Boot (not a Flash), it went to a logo for a few seconds and then reboots back into System.
Just checked that TWRP 3.5.1 v1.2 is still in memory and functioning.

I hope that we are still going to have the TWRP Recovery with this week's ROM ....
Is there not a process to have these checked before being implemented? - and also put into the umi folder?
And there is also a definite familiarity with Mi 10 (umi) users towards the TWRP Recovery; and there are currently no TWRP issues with users either

Added TWRP by Nebrassy for POCO F3 / Redmi K40 (alioth)
- Use fastboot boot twrp.img
- Flash twrp.img (Advanced - Install Recovery Ramdisk)
- Now you may use TWRP normally

Updated SHRP Official for Mi 8 SE (sirius)

Likewise, with a Fastboot Boot (not a Flash), it went to a logo for a few seconds and then reboots back into System.
Just checked that TWRP 3.5.1 v1.2 is still in memory and functioning.

I hope that we are still going to have the TWRP Recovery with this week's ROM ....
Is there not a process to have these checked before being implemented? - and also put into the umi folder?
And there is also a definite familiarity with Mi 10 (umi) users towards the TWRP Recovery; and there are currently no TWRP issues with users either
For MIUI Based roms or AOSP without custom vbmeta flash vbmeta.img with command "fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img" and then recovery.

Thanks!
For MIUI Based roms or AOSP without custom vbmeta flash vbmeta.img with command "fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img" and then recovery.
If I remember well xiaomi.eu already has that fixed and if you try to do that you may need to format your phone afterwards. (It says to do that for those without custom vbmeta.img, I think xiaomi.eu has custom one and that's probably why can easily flash twrps.)

Edit: Wait a little, the creator I think in github says to flash orangefox from the twrp recovery, hmm. Have you tried this @Igor Eisberg?

Thanks!

If I remember well xiaomi.eu already has that fixed and if you try to do that you may need to format your phone afterwards. (It says to do that for those without custom vbmeta.img, I think xiaomi.eu has custom one and that's probably why can easily flash twrps.)

Edit: Wait a little, the creator I think in github says to flash orangefox from the twrp recovery, hmm. Have you tried this @Igor Eisberg?
Yes...

Thanks!

Surely you must need to be really desperate to use Orange Fox if you have to boot into TWRP recovery to then flash into Orange Fox. To do that every week, and then have it over-written by the TWRP each time. I just want an easy life :)

Updated TWRP by Nebrassy for POCO F3 / Redmi K40 (alioth)
- Fixed spunvm spam in log
- Fixed flashing payload ROMs

Added SHRP Official for POCO M2 (shiva)

Reactions: Poney70
Added TWRP 3.5.1 for Xiaomi Mi 11 (venus)

EDIT : New instructions are released to flash TWRP without using Chinese tool. This thread has the instruction to flash via ADB command.

Last edited:
Well... Freezes on the OrangeFox logo and after a few seconds reboots... Not looking so hot.
Surely you must need to be really desperate to use Orange Fox if you have to boot into TWRP recovery to then flash into Orange Fox. To do that every week, and then have it over-written by the TWRP each time. I just want an easy life :)
Im flashed from fastboot OrangeFox for Mi 10 (umi), rom 12.5.3 xeu, all nice...

Last edited:
Can't say the same. Reboots on the splash screen.
I do not know why this is so, but for some it works, and for some it does not. I think the restart takes place at moment attempting to mount the encrypted DATA. MB-TWRP does it work for you? I can try to replace the blobs with from MB-TWRP and build OFR from the sources, but I cannot check, because OFR works for me ...

Last edited: