Twrp with persist partiton

iron58p

Members
Jul 25, 2018
Good morning
i have made a wrong operation on a mi note 3, i have flashed Xiaomi.eu weekly but command touch were not responsive, i know that persist is software for sensors, but i have cancelled with wipe from twrp, thinking that was easy to replace, but is not.

I have installed 3 different twrp, for flash persist, but persist partition i can't see.

i have followed this : Put persist on root, boot into twrp, go to Mount, choose persist, unchoose Read only if its ticked. Goto wipe, choose persist, repair and repair partition and until here is ok.
Then i was gone to install and flash img, choose persist.img but is not possible to select it, and persist partition don't appear.
Now i have Team twin recovery 3.2.3, i don't find a twrp that have possibility to flash persist, what i can do ?

i have installed, but no persist partition, when i go to install persit, twrp don't let me install, i see persist but if i try to select don't let me install, and no show persist partition.
What is your exact problem?

this is what i have done : i have copied persist to the phone, boot into twrp, go to Mount, select box persist ( only choose by select), unchoose Read only if selected, go back and click Wipe, select box persist then advanced wipe, repair or change file system, repair file system, and now i can read "done".
The problem begin now, i go to install, i see persist but i touch it the three change ( up a level ), and is impossible to flash ; if i click on select storage i can see only internal storage (0 mb ) or possibility to select USB OTG ( 0 mb).

Ok. Go to Mount and tick the persist partition and uncheck keep read only. Then go straight to Install and install as an image - choose persist.img and flash it

Ok. Go to Mount and tick the persist partition and uncheck keep read only. Then go straight to Install and install as an image - choose persist.img and flash it

I cannot, i choose persist but when i touch it change the window and there is written : up a level, so is impossible to flash.

I cannot, i choose persist but when i touch it change the window and there is written : up a level, so is impossible to flash.
Ok, this is a little more complicated tutorial but it should work since the TWRP can't do the work -
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: iron58p
thank's, i have tried to make last mode, miflash see my device, open port, but flash process last only 1 second, too short time lasting , myflash say success , but is not. Tried to flash a global rom, but same before, flash success but process last 1 second and don't flash anything.

i have tried also the method of the video, same same valor on strings, but can't flash, give me error.
Miflash work with another pc.

I think about a thing, from fastboot rom i have unzipped only 1 times, i don't know how to unzip the second time, may be is this why twrp don't see the image of persist, can someone tell me how to unzip the rom for the second time ?
Thank's

Finally i have resolved, i used the video tutorial posted by Werty, i say thank's to him for his help ; yesterday may be i have written wrong a caracter and give error, another thing, i have changed pc because the first see the phone in fastboot, but was unable to flash, now sensors works.

Finally i have resolved, i used the video tutorial posted by Werty, i say thank's to him for his help ; yesterday may be i have written wrong a caracter and give error, another thing, i have changed pc because the first see the phone in fastboot, but was unable to flash, now sensors works.
I'm glad that it worked ;)

I'm glad that it worked ;)

But i need again your help, or from other members, i have the latest weekly Xiaomi.eu installed, all wipe i have done, but sometimes at random touch screen is not fast responsive, i need press more strong or repeat the touch, and for example making first configuration i have to wait long time continue to press the arrow at right to go next, sometimes play store desappear, i have to click again to the icon, no message of error, never, i have nova launcher, inside the menu one command no respond and screen became more warm in color.
From my memory, these problems i don't have using global room, i don't know if try to flash another room and look for some days if problems are only with weekly rom.

But i need again your help, or from other members, i have the latest weekly Xiaomi.eu installed, all wipe i have done, but sometimes at random touch screen is not fast responsive, i need press more strong or repeat the touch, and for example making first configuration i have to wait long time continue to press the arrow at right to go next, sometimes play store desappear, i have to click again to the icon, no message of error, never, i have nova launcher, inside the menu one command no respond and screen became more warm in color.
From my memory, these problems i don't have using global room, i don't know if try to flash another room and look for some days if problems are only with weekly rom.
First try with Default launcher and classic theme - the Nova launcher could be the problem.

First try with Default launcher and classic theme - the Nova launcher could be the problem.

Seems that you have resolved also this problem, great ! is possible to change icon of the apps in home page ? are not beautiful to see.

Seems that you have resolved also this problem, great ! is possible to change icon of the apps in home page ? are not beautiful to see.
Hahah, you can try the themes from Theme manager -even if they show that are not compatible you still can try it and see if it works.
Good luck, werty