unable to connect to iCNTV' (无法连接到iCNTV认证服务器)

Jul 2, 2014
Hi, recently i buy an mibox 2 and use in Malaysia, at first it run pretty well under fiber internet. But yesterday it suddenly pop a message:

'unable to connect to iCNTV' (无法连接到iCNTV认证服务器)

May I know what is this means for? Can I anyone help?

Thank you.

Jul 13, 2014
I also facing same problem yesterday. may be need to write to Xiaomi official place. seem xiaomi need Mac Address and series number to resolve

Jul 13, 2014
I just bought the MiBox and have the same problem. I'm from London.

Does this mean it needs to be jailbroken to work outside China?

Jul 13, 2014
I am from Australia. I noticed the same problem with iCNTV a few days ago. I used to have problems with Sohu TV (搜狐视频), but now Sohu is OK.

Some solutions posted on the Net suggest the use of a VPN in China.

Would really like to hear the official words from Xiaomi...

Jul 15, 2014
I have the same experience too in Singapore.. I bought the unit in Hong Kong and used it in Singapore... Can someone help to resolve this problem...

May 23, 2014
I have the same issue in Sweden. It looks like iCNTV has blocked IP address from overseas. Pity that they do this because it a step back for an otherwise good product. Apple is a step ahead again.

May 23, 2014
reading the Chinese forums, some said that changing the DNS to 8.8.8.8 or 114.114.114.114 will make it work again. Will go home and try it out later.

Jul 20, 2014
Same here and seller told me China blocks outside IP so if you are in China, viewing is no problem. Those outside China will be blocked from viewing the channels.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Aug 13, 2014
Hi, recently i buy an mibox 2 and use in Malaysia, at first it run pretty well under fiber internet. But yesterday it suddenly pop a message:

'unable to connect to iCNTV' (无法连接到iCNTV认证服务器)

May I know what is this means for? Can I anyone help?

Thank you.
Hi, LeeKH,

Can you watch the ICNTV now? I also received this msg "无法连接到iCNTV认证服务器" recently.
How to resolve it? Thanks

jian

Members
Apr 29, 2014
Now I had the same problem here in germany... unfortunately I reset to factory setting, now all my stuff (some chinese apps - now not in the store and xbmc etc.) is deleted and the box still does not work, fuuuuuu.. :(