Unable To Flash Developer Rom On Hm 2014813

O. Lee

Members
Aug 7, 2014
Hi all,

been trying to root this phone by way of installing the Developer ROM. I dont have a Windows computer, so this is my only option. And as outlined in many guides should work fine. My Redmi 2 is not very old (bought beginning of Nov) and came with MIUI 7.0.12.0 (KHJCNCI).

I tried both the Global and Chinese Developer ROM ("miui_HM2XWCGlobal_5.11.6_a586f43fb2_4.4.zip" & "miui_HM2XWC_5.11.26_37553705f2_4.4.zip") directly from the mi.com site, and copied them to the phone (into the downloaded_rom folder ) and went through the Update app (using the three dots>install update package) but the update process fails each time (gets to about 12% and then completes with an error: Error applying update.

I have also tried to rename the package to "update.zip" but that makes no difference, same problem. I have also reset the phone, and tried without a 2nd SIM and by copying the update to the miniSD card. All of this still makes no difference.

Please help, this is very frustrating. I cannot believe I am stuck here.

I have my phone since the beginning of this year, and at that time I spent months trying and not being able to do it.
I didn't know it at the time, but the ROMs between my device and 2014811 are different, and in the English official site, they only had ROMs for the latter - the symptoms were the fail while updating.
Only discovered this when I managed to install twrp and use it to install the rom - it would also fail, but with a message like "wrong device - you have 2014813, this rom is for 2014811."
Found out that, at that time, only the Chinese site had the rom I needed.
That's how I then discovered miui.eu site, and used their specific rom for this device without a problem.

Sent from my Redmi 2 (2014813) using Tapatalk

Reactions: registradus
Your device is hm2014813. These roms you tried to install are for hm2014811.
Download developer rom for hm2014813 from this site(xiaomi.eu). and install it. Then you will successs to install.

if nothing work , maybe its time for a "clean istall". From fastboot , you need the fastboot rom (china or global) and MiFlash . After clean install you can update to latest rom :)

I have my phone since the beginning of this year, and at that time I spent months trying and not being able to do it.
I didn't know it at the time, but the ROMs between my device and 2014811 are different, and in the English official site, they only had ROMs for the latter - the symptoms were the fail while updating.
Only discovered this when I managed to install twrp and use it to install the rom - it would also fail, but with a message like "wrong device - you have 2014813, this rom is for 2014811."
Found out that, at that time, only the Chinese site had the rom I needed.
That's how I then discovered miui.eu site, and used their specific rom for this device without a problem.

Sent from my Redmi 2 (2014813) using Tapatalk
tonirai is correct. 2014813 is a China-only model/variant. and no "official" global ROM exists...

if you need a help with update / recovery / root-->
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.