Unable To Install Xiaomi.eu Rom

aleks93ts

Members
Oct 17, 2016
Hello, i have some problem to install a xiaomi.eu rom on my Redmi 3s prime int. Version

Steps i do to install:

-Download latest rom and paste to sd card
-Unlock bootloader
-Install twrp
-Disable dm-verity
-wipe all
-install rom from sd card

Once i did this, i click to reboot my phone and i get this message:

"No OS Installed are you sure you want to reboot?"

And if i reboot i got stuck on mi logo, like i don't have installed anything.
What is the problem?

Thanks

What i did was:

1 unlocked my bootloader
2 installed TWRP (do a backup, you never know)
3 wipe dalvik /cache /system
4 installed the 8.0.6.0 EU rom (october) (i installed it over 7.5.4.0 global stable)
5 rebooted back to recovery (i read somewhere that its good to do it)
6 installed SuperSU
7 desable dm-verity
8 reboot (2 reboot loops -this is normal because of SuperSU)
9 done, 3 days now,no random reboot's no signal drops and network loss , no servce problem's anymore !!!

Reactions: aleks93ts
When you wipe /system TWRP can't install to system partition because of busy filesystem (or you'll have to unmount /system before flashing). I think this is a bug in TWRP.
I always used to wipe system before installing a new rom, and this is the First time i get this error. I will try tomorrow

This morning I have installed xiaomi.eu Rom...You must follow this Step (I had global developer rom):
- Wipe cache/delvik/data NO SYSTEM
- Install xiaomi.eu Rom
- reboot
-Install supersu from twrp
Thats alla.No bug at moment

Reactions: aleks93ts
When you wipe /system TWRP can't install to system partition because of busy filesystem (or you'll have to unmount /system before flashing). I think this is a bug in TWRP.

Hi, I'm on unofficial CM13 currently. Do this bug still exist in 3.0.2.0 twrp? The last time I flash cm, wiping system does not give me any problem. So I'm wondering since I want to install xiaomi eu, do I need to leave /system un-wipe or its okay now to wipe system (which I prefer for clean installation).

Reactions: Morvarid
I hace a mi4w with cm13 ,copy miui8 to phone.Started un twpr Mode ,did a normal wipe (default), installed mi8 rom and restart. After a few minutes booting ,mi8 running.

Enviado desde mi MI 4W mediante Tapatalk

IMHO when you flash any custom ROM in TWRP, /system is wiped before installation. So there's no need to wipe /system by hand. You should only wipw data, cache and dalvik cache to avoid problems.

IMHO when you flash any custom ROM in TWRP, /system is wiped before installation. So there's no need to wipe /system by hand. You should only wipw data, cache and dalvik cache to avoid problems.

Thanks for detailed instructions
I'll try on my phone