Unable to set SMS view and send permission for alternative SMS app Signal

JKLs12

Members
Mar 12, 2020
Hello guys,

on my Mi 9T I have the problem that I can't allow the SMS view and send permission for an app called Signal. When I go into the permission settings, set the permission and then go back the changed setting is immediately lost. You can see it in the attached video.
What can I do to make this working?
I am using MIUI EU 11.0.4.0.QFJCNXM

Attachments

• Screenrecorder-2020-03-12-19-09.gif
    Screenrecorder-2020-03-12-19-09.gif
    465.5 KB · Views: 461
Hello guys,

on my Mi 9T I have the problem that I can't allow the SMS view and send permission for an app called Signal. When I go into the permission settings, set the permission and then go back the changed setting is immediately lost. You can see it in the attached video.
What can I do to make this working?
I am using MIUI EU 11.0.4.0.QFJCNXM
Reinstall the app.

I already tried that but it didn't help.

Hey, I am in the same boat.

Signal is working fine, but when I activate it for SMS the setting is lost immediately.
It's working in global, though.

Have you found a solution, yet?

No solution from me, just chiming in to say I have the same problem. Except in my case I can't even set the "sub"-permission to read SMS or MMS, only to receive SMS.

In my case I went back to MIUI global and I will stay there. Signal and also other things work fine there.

Hi, I'm on Mi8 with Last miui bêta rom. Signal is crashing when I try to Check sms.

The new ROM version 20.5.21 seems to have a different rights management system and seems to have fixed the orginal Problem for me.

If it crashes, then there is a crash summary that you can share here. Would be more useful, you know...