Unlock With Fingerprintscanner

Alexiaomi

Members
Oct 28, 2014
Somebody know how to use only the fingerprintscanner for unlocking the sim at startup and unlocking the phone at sleep? It seems that can't choose for it without a pincode, password or pattern. Maybe I have to configure different?

where did you find it is supposed to work ?
sim can unlock with pincode that's all, never worked with facial recognition or symbol drawing. Did you see this 'shortcut' feature in other brands ?

No, I didn't see or read it somewhere, but I just wondered if it is possible. For the sim I understand, that's logical. But for unlocking from sleep I get a screen for a patern. I just don't want that. In this case I can't set just the fingerprintscanner for unlocking my device. I can use it though. Is there a way to set a screen which asks for a fingerprint?

On my Mi5 to come back from sleep the finger print works without pattern. See the device parameters for screen lock. Did you registered your finger prints already?

One point I am with 7.2.13 stable.

I am on dev 6.5.7
I added my fingerprint, but when I try to set it and use it I have to draw a patern. It doesn't make sense. I will have to figure this out. Thanks anyway.

I am on dev 6.5.7
I added my fingerprint, but when I try to set it and use it I have to draw a patern. It doesn't make sense. I will have to figure this out. Thanks anyway.
So after you reboot your phone it asks for pattern and fingerprint? Mine does that too. Im thinkin that it works like it should be. Its two step logging. Think if you loose your finger, how would you unlock the phone?

if you loose your finger you can draw the pattern after 3 fails I think.
If you loose more .... it depends ;)