Unlocked Lte Band 20 (800mhz) On Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro?

cjdom

Members
Nov 6, 2016
Hi!
I suppose that 4G 800MHz isn't unlocked because it is not mentioned anywhere, am I right?

But since it is fixable by software modifications, is there any mod ready to apply?
Or even better, could it be added to the ROM?

Pleaaaaaase? :)

Hi!
I suppose that 4G 800MHz isn't unlocked because it is not mentioned anywhere, am I right?

But since it is fixable by software modifications, is there any mod ready to apply?
Or even better, could it be added to the ROM?

Pleaaaaaase? :)
No mods for that afaik that were confirmed working, it is almost certain that there is antenna missing for lte band 20 on rn3pro. The rn3se (kate) same as kenzo but with band 20 support, in fact, is 2.5 mm taller, likely for different antenna to support 800 mhz.

Inviato dal mio Kate

Reactions: Bitpit
Won't work.

Different LTE antennas. "Kate" is 2mm longer because of that.

Last edited:
I have this phone coming, which works with 4G LTE at 800MHZ-'Kate' I believe.

I specifically have this version coming to support my network, but am unsure if I need to do anything- will the phone work well out of the box in the UK with google play, or will I need to flash a ROM to be able to use the phone fully?

I have this phone coming, which works with 4G LTE at 800MHZ-'Kate' I believe.

I specifically have this version coming to support my network, but am unsure if I need to do anything- will the phone work well out of the box in the UK with google play, or will I need to flash a ROM to be able to use the phone fully?
It has already global rom, it works out of the box. If you unlock the bootloader, then install zcx recovery you can use Xiaomi.eu rom on it.

Envoyé de mon MI 4W en utilisant Tapatalk

It has already global rom, it works out of the box. If you unlock the bootloader, then install zcx recovery you can use Xiaomi.eu rom on it.

Thank you for your reply, sorry to ask as I am new to these phones, but what will I gain from adding the Xiaomi.eu rom over the standard Global rom?

As long as I can use the phone fully, and also update it, I will be happy. If I need the EU rom to be able to update for example, I would go for the EU rom.

Xiaomi.eu on kate is based on global rom, you will get more tweaks, better battery. You will receive the phone will stable rom, stable is not as advanced as dev rom available here. You can start as it is then you will see how it goes.

Xiaomi.eu on kate is based on global rom, you will get more tweaks, better battery. You will receive the phone will stable rom, stable is not as advanced as dev rom available here. You can start as it is then you will see how it goes.

Ok then, I think I will give the standard Global ROM a go first- DHL has updated, my phone is being delivered today!
So Excited, currently using a MOTO G 1st gen as I lost my newer phone, this seems to be even better though.

It seems the ROM it comes with supports OTA updates, and Google play is installed, so as long as it works smoothly I will be happy.

I will update once I have the phone with me :).

Ok then, I think I will give the standard Global ROM a go first- DHL has updated, my phone is being delivered today!
So Excited, currently using a MOTO G 1st gen as I lost my newer phone, this seems to be even better though.

It seems the ROM it comes with supports OTA updates, and Google play is installed, so as long as it works smoothly I will be happy.

I will update once I have the phone with me :).
yes you should setup as a no brainer, do not hesitate to give feedback here. it will come with either global 7.5.2 or 8.0.4

Reactions: conanthewarrior
I am considering doing that, and now I found out about Globe MIUI saying it improves Xiaomi.eu ROMs a little further... has anyone here tried that can give some feedback?

found it unstable. everyone cook his rom ...
here everybody can discuss on same release, up to you but from global stable to ******** this is a big jump !

Thank you for the feedback.
I'm on Global Developer and I like it very much, except for some little things... (like can't disable some google apps like hangouts or voice input).

Thank you for the feedback.
I'm on Global Developer and I like it very much, except for some little things... (like can't disable some google apps like hangouts or voice input).

that you will be able to do with xiaomi.eu

Reactions: Michael_K
Received the phone a day early- it arrived yesterday.

EDIT: I should add, I can choose English as my Language, but unfortunately can not choose the UK as my country during set up.

Must say, so far I am very impressed with the device! It came running MIUI 7- I updated to MIUI 8.0.4.0 Global Stable, which is running on android version 6.0.1.

After a worrying half hour, where the OTA update seemed to freeze, and I thought the phone was bricked, it finally updated.
So far, everything working fantastically- I don't have a MI account, as I am in the UK so am using a Google account- is there anything worth using with the Mi account apps?

Phone is actually better than I expected, I can easily see myself getting another Xiaomi in the future :).

Last edited:
I meant to add, the edition of the phone I have is supposed to be 'Kate', which supports 800MHZ, which is the frequency my network providers 4G runs on.

However, it is displaying '3G' at the top right, is there a way I can check that 4G is enabled on my device, specifically the 800MHZ band, or is this not possible? it could be the area I am in does not support 4G that well and is why I am receiving a 3G signal.

I meant to add, the edition of the phone I have is supposed to be 'Kate', which supports 800MHZ, which is the frequency my network providers 4G runs on.

However, it is displaying '3G' at the top right, is there a way I can check that 4G is enabled on my device, specifically the 800MHZ band, or is this not possible? it could be the area I am in does not support 4G that well and is why I am receiving a 3G signal.

To check, which networks are available, you can go to /settings /SIM cards & mobile networks. There choose your SIM with LTE activated (in /preferred network type of the data simcard). Then choose "Mobile networks" and DEselect temporarily "Choose automatically". Confirm warnings, and the network search starts. After some time all available networks will be listed.
And do not forget to re-activate "Choose automatically".

Last edited:
To check, which networks are available, you can go to /settings /SIM cards & mobile networks. There choose your SIM with LTE activated (in /preferred network type of the data simcard). Then choose "Mobile networks" and DEselect temporarily "Choose automatically". Confirm warnings, and the network search starts. After some time all available networks will be listed.
And do not forget to re-activate "Choose automatically".
Thank you so much for your help!

I was able to choose "O2 4G" and make a call- my network is GiffGaff, which runs on the O2 network.

Should I stay manually selected on "O2 4G" or stay on the pre selected "GiffGaff 3G"?

As I can make calls on the 02 4G network as my carrier runs on this, which should I select? Or if I leave it as 'Choose Automatically" will it switch between GiffGaff 3G and 02 4G, or do I need to do this myself as it is a virtual carrier?

I am glad to know that 4G works though, and if I need to keep it selected manually that is no problem to gain 4G :).

Reactions: Michael_K
Should I stay manually selected on "O2 4G" or stay on the pre selected "GiffGaff 3G"?
For me the best solution is to let the network selected automatically. If you "hard wire" your preferred network to O2 4G and you are in an area where it is not available, your phone will not automatically fall down to 3G or 2G network of your provider (or other provider where roaming is allowed with). Worst case you have no network. I am not able to say what is the best for you - you have to decide it for yourself...

For me the best solution is to let the network selected automatically. If you "hard wire" your preferred network to O2 4G and you are in an area where it is not available, your phone will not automatically fall down to 3G or 2G network of your provider (or other provider where roaming is allowed with). Worst case you have no network. I am not able to say what is the best for you - you have to decide it for yourself...
Thank you for your helpful replies.

I have decided to allow the phone to select the network automatically, due to what you describe and me potentially losing signal when it doesn't automatically drop to 3G or 2G in a non 4G area.

On a different note, this is really a fantastic device! I am quite shocked there are no official UK sellers of Xiaomi phones, it has exceeded my expectations by far.

Thank you for your helpful replies.

I have decided to allow the phone to select the network automatically, due to what you describe and me potentially losing signal when it doesn't automatically drop to 3G or 2G in a non 4G area.

On a different note, this is really a fantastic device! I am quite shocked there are no official UK sellers of Xiaomi phones, it has exceeded my expectations by far.
Agree this device is really a bargain

Envoyé de mon MI 4 en utilisant Tapatalk