Update From 8.2.1.0 Stabile To 8.5 Stabile

gennarino86

Members
Jul 10, 2017
I'm a little bit confused. Mi xiaomi mi 4c 3/32 is now running xiaomi.eu rom version 8.2.1.0 which is Android 5.1.1 based. Now I would like to upgrade to The last xiaomi.eu stabile version (8.5).
How can I update the Rom? Can I Download it to my device, use the updater App and choose installation package?
I know that the bootloader will be locked after upgrade, but what does it means? I can't use my device if bootloader is locked?
Hope someone can help me.
Thanks

But how can I unlock the bootloader BEFORE installing a new Rom, IF now the bootloader is already unlocked?

I'm on the 8.2.1.0 Stable. If I understand you correct I have to

- install the weeky - xiaomi.eu_multi_MI4c_6.12.22_v8-5.1
- and then install the stable xiaomi.eu_multi_MI4c_V8.5.1.0.NXKCNED_v8-7.0

Is my device locked after installing the weekly or the stable 8.5.1.0? Or do I have to install an official xiaomi rom before installing the xiaomi.eu stable?

Thanks!
But I could stay on this stable version without unlock the bootloader. Only If there is a update which I want to install, then I need to unlock my bootloader?

Yes, thanks! It worked without problems.

I have experienced from other non-xiaomi devices that the unlock wipe all data - so I thought for a sec this would be the case also with my device and thats why I dont wanted to unlock it.
But thankfully the unlock is much easier with this device.

Thanks again!

Reactions: iamme729
Hi guys, I also ask after the last update of bootloader unlock, now on my x4iomi i4c i have the 8.2.3.0 stable, i can mount the 8.5 immediately or again i have to rerun how to go to 8.2.3.0? Thank you guys

I'm on the 8.2.1.0 Stable. If I understand you correct I have to

- install the weeky - xiaomi.eu_multi_MI4c_6.12.22_v8-5.1
- and then install the stable xiaomi.eu_multi_MI4c_V8.5.1.0.NXKCNED_v8-7.0

Is my device locked after installing the weekly or the stable 8.5.1.0? Or do I have to install an official xiaomi rom before installing the xiaomi.eu stable?

Hi all,
What are the full steps?
xiaomi.eu_multi_MI4c_6.12.22_v8-5.1 installed via? updater o TWRP?

In fact I was about to ask, use TWRP or Upload? I use TWRP, I am now relieved, a question still, when there is a need to reprocess the release? When is there a passage of rom type from Marshmallow to Nougat?
thank you

Thanks!
But I could stay on this stable version without unlock the bootloader. Only If there is a update which I want to install, then I need to unlock my bootloader?
@Atouba after upgrading to andorid 7, did you unlock the device or the upgrade worked well without unlock the device??

Can I wipe both cache and davilk now or will I loose some data?
I'm finding lotta of trouble expecially with Camera App..