Update From Miui 7 To 8 Bootloop

awj888

Members
Sep 16, 2016
Hello!

Been very happ with the miui 7 release - I have the mi5 running the last stable release.

over the last couple of days I am trying to update to miui 8 - so far no luck, no matter what I do i just get a bootloop where it keeps reloading the phone, and gets very very hot - so I restore in TWRP each time after trying a couple

I have tried with the zip via updater, 3 differnt miui 8 stable releases and also 1 weekly
I have now also tried all the same but with TWRP installer, it gives sthe same results
Also I tried to wipe the system, and try again also with no success -

Am I missing something or something is wrong with this process?

Thanks for your help!

Show us the links of the MIUI you try to install.
Did you wipped system, data and cache ?
Did you tried the EU version ? Witch?

Hi Iwin, thanks for the reply!
I tried with these 3 different:
xiaomi.eu_multi_MI5_V8.0.8.0.MAACNDH_v8-6.0.zip
xiaomi.eu_multi_MI5_V8.0.10.0.MAACNDH_v8-6.0.zip
xiaomi.eu_multi_MI5_6.9.8_v8-6.0.zip

I tried using select zip file via the updater but this resulted in bootloop
I then restored to 7.5.7.0 stable - which works fine.

After I tried with TWRP via install button, selecting the zips and it would give me same bootloop after rebooting -

Finally I have tried to format the system partition, and install the miui 8.10 stable again but no luck - same problem.

So now I have restored back to the 7.5.7.0

not sure what else to do? It tried to find a post maybe there is some special way to jump from 7 to 8 at first but didnt find anything.

Thanks for help!

Did you try to format Data, system, cache and Dalvik Cache ? Like here :
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You will lose your apps and settings if you do that, so you might want to have a titanium backup backup :)

if I use TWRP to make a backup would I be able to restore that after to get apps and settings restored?

if I use TWRP to make a backup would I be able to restore that after to get apps and settings restored?
I am not sure. But Titanium backup is better. You coud use in system backup and then just copy paste backup to computer and after boot back to origin folder

Yep, you can.
You must do a full backup.

I recomand you TB too cause one time, twrp backup, after restare, boot into bootloop. Usually worked.