Update From V7 5.10.29

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Mi 4C' started by pingu79, Jul 1, 2016.

1. pingu79

pingu79Members

May 30, 2014
    Male
    Hello everybody,

i have a mi4c 3/32 and i would to update my rom from 5.10.29 to a newer one.

Can you please tell me what is a safe way to to that?

Thanks a lot!

2. Stefano131270

Oct 4, 2015
    Male
    Switzerland
    Hallo, you have recovery TWRP?

3. Vlaovic

VlaovicMembers

Jul 21, 2016
    Male
    I'm in the same situation, and i have recovery TWRP.

I also would like to know if, with the last update, the OTA update will work fine.
    Thank you

4. iamme729

iamme729Members

Nov 22, 2015
    Male
    Ecuador
    If you have TWRP installed all you have to do is go to the ROMs download page and download the correct ROM for your device... Once you have the ROM on your device you can use the Updater App (choose update package) or boot directly into TWRP (volume up and power) in either case select the .ZIP and install... it doesnt take long to flash the ROM ...after flashing it does take some time for the phone to reboot... be patient... Good Luck......

P.S. Always make a backup of the current system before flashing.
    Additionally coming from MIUI 7 to MIUI 8 its recommended you do a full wipe (factory reset) before flashing...I have done it both ways and both work...your option... ROMs can be found here.... https://xiaomi.eu/community/forums/miui-weekly-rom-releases.103/

Vlaovic likes this.
  5. iamme729

iamme729Members

Nov 22, 2015
    Male
    Ecuador
    OTAs are monthly now...they have been for some time... IF you choose to use the weekly updates you can come here and download the correct ROM for your device rather than wait for OTA....
    Some facts about OTA delay:
    • OTA packages are always same as posted here, so FULL ROM (400-800MB)
    • Installation via OTA is same as you do, so Updater - Menu - Select installation zip
    • OTA is uploading into Xiaomi china servers which are very slow for download and upload (usually 30-40kb/s for uploading over 10GB) so I have to upload them always at night one by one and I dont have time for doing that every week... Unfortunately OTA account is binded to my Xiaomi account so nobody else can do that instead of me...
    • So we decided to upload OTA only once per month and not weekly... Users who are lazy to go here and download zip manually, can wait over month to get new version via OTA, they just dont care about new updates...
    • OTA for cancro / virgo / redmi 2 is too risky after Android base change.. so we decided to save users from bricked devices caused by OTA update... they have to update manually to have it under control...

6. Vlaovic

VlaovicMembers

Jul 21, 2016
    Male
    I flashed the last rom and all works good!

Thank you

Share Our Site