Update to V13..012 via recovery

kapitostes

Members
Mar 16, 2016
I would like to know how to install the latest available rom if it has to be done through recovery and without erasing all my data. Thanks.

I would like to know how to install the latest available rom if it has to be done through recovery and without erasing all my data. Thanks.
look here

Reactions: kapitostes
Hello. Sorry to post here again. I'm still on 13.0.8 and want to move to 13.0.15. I have recovery orange fox. How do I update through orange fox without losing my data? I just want to update, not format and start from 0. I already have rom 13.0.15 downloaded on my mobile. Simply applying the rom will update it without losing data?
Thank you

I am facing nearly the same problem (only difference is, that I'm using TWRP).
As far as I gathered info currently there is no(????) other way to update to a newer version of the ROm without going the dreaded "format data" step every time.

To all the experts here: Did I miss a point (please tell me I did )...
Formatting data every time is .....possible...but losing all setzings every time is quite something.

Any advice?

Reactions: kapitostes
Finally I have updated it with recovery.

Having the ZIP in the main directory of the mobile, start the OrangeFox recovery, select the zip of the new version and install. Then clear cache and reboot.

All perfect.