Update via OTA ??

zozew

Members
Jun 2, 2020
Hi I'm on a MIUI12, 20.5.24 (weakly) and I just checked the updates and there is a 3.3gb update via OTA but it doesn't specify what the update is...? So anybody have any idea if its a good idea or really bad? as I understand you shouldn't flash any stable MIUI12 when on a weakly..so is this OTA a weakly or an "older" Stable that will brick my phone?

cheers! info appreciated

Attachments

Poney70

Members
Oct 3, 2019
Hello,

You can't download a Stable ROM in system Updater app if you have installed a Weekly ROM version on your device. ;)

Start the download of the update then check, using a file manager app like "Solid Explorer", in the root of phone's storage => Find a ".md5" file extension ; it will give you the new ROM version currently downloaded by system Updater app.

:)

Reactions: zozew

zozew

Members
Jun 2, 2020
Hello,

You can't download a Stable ROM in system Updater app if you have installed a Weekly ROM version on your device. ;)

Start the download of the update then check, using a file manager app like "Solid Explorer", in the root of phone's storage => Find a ".md5" file extension ; it will give you the new ROM version currently downloaded by system Updater app.

:)
Ahh ok so I'll be able to choose to install the update or not after it has been downloaded? So it will be like an update leaving files and apps/data intact?

zozew

Members
Jun 2, 2020
Ahh ok so I'll be able to choose to install the update or not after it has been downloaded? So it will be like an update leaving files and apps/data intact?
I saw now in the file explorer it's version 20.7.3 which I suppose is a weakly built like you said... Thank you