Updated Mi4c But Lost Root Access

simpsog21

Members
Jan 14, 2016
I've just updated my Mi4c to the latest weekly rom (6.3.3) but I appear to have lost root access - using Root Checker app it tells me "root access is not properly installed on this device". I have double checked and I have enabled root access for Root Checker app in permissions in the Security app.

I downloaded SuperSU and flashed via TWRP before updating as per instructions but SuperSU also now appears to have been removed from the phone during the update as it no longer shows up as an app.

Everything seems to be working fine but should I install download SuperSU and flash via TWRP again? Will I just lose it again next time I update?

Yes you need to flash superSU after the update.... And yes you ll have to redo this at next update.

Reactions: simpsog21
i just noticed that my Mi4c has lost root since the update as well. trouble is, following the same procedure as i did when originally rooting the phone, i cant get into TWRP. the phone just keeps going into fastboot. how do i get over this hurdle? anyone able to help, please?

panic over guys. done it but what a nuisance! ha ha

also noticed that now got the older version of TWRP back on the phone, due to having to re-root. i think i'll wait until the next update, see if all goes as it should and whether the new version of TWRP gets installed then.

Last edited:
when i checked the version of TWRP after flashing latest rom, it said v2.7.0. it had a list of options rather than the half a dozen buttons or so. now i have the buttons back. personally i prefer them but each to his own. as long as the 'fail to swipe' is fixed, that's the main thing. i will try to get latest TWRP on the phone and hope all goes ok

Last edited:
You will need to re-flash Super SU after each update for the time being ...it may be fixed in the future...

Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk

Can I just check which version of SuperSU to re-flash each time for Mi4c in particular? The original advice was to flash v2.50 rather than v2.65 which I did for the update to 6.3.3 and everything worked fine. Should I keep flashing v2.50 or is v2.65 fine to use now?

Thanks to all the developers for the great work on the ROM

Hi guys, i have a Mi4c, with Xiaomi.eu rom 6.1.28... Can you tell me why i Don't receive the OTA updates? Thanks

Inviato dal mio Mi-4c utilizzando Tapatalk

I just checked 6.3.3 includes TWRP v. 3.0.0 not material theme ...however the touch issue of the past has been fixed

Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk
So you update at 6.3.3? Wich version have you got before the last update? did you notice if this version block your bootloader? I've read somewhere that if I install this version I need to do the unlock procedure. Isn't correct?

Inviato dal mio Mi-4c utilizzando Tapatalk