New Updater Application

cysiek

Members
Sep 17, 2017
Hi,

I have mi5s with xiaomi.eu rom and I found out that there are couple of problems with Updater application:

1. Does not support resuming - which is must have for an app that downloads 1GB+ of data.
2. Application hangs a lot, which looks like the operation is not in background but in UI thread. Happened to me few times showing only black screen and status bar.
3. Crashing when selecting ZIP manually, I already sent report via built in funcionality, but not sure if this goes to China, or Xiaomi.eu. Only reboot helped.
4. When phone goes to sleep, downloading stops, and you cannot resume of course. The only way was killing process and once again. I figured out to change sleep time to 10min before updating.
5. Application does not recognize when charger is connected. I got message, that battery is too low, connect charger. It was shown until I killed and opened app again, even that battery was much more than 30%.
6. Notifications are shown multiple times, for example when I already downloaded new version, notification about new version available is shown once again. When I clicked notification, download was lost and I had to do it again. My record was 7 times before I updated, but only via manual downloading a file and choosing zip.
7. Application does not remember last download. When download is completed, app crashes and is opened again there is need to download package once again. Pretty anoying.
8. Where is download directory? Once the app rebooted to TWRP but nothing happened, so I wanted to install via ZIP. No sucess. In my opinion should be Download folder.

I hope someday this app will become usable, as it functionality is very simple, but number of bugs is enormous.
Phone is Xiaomi Mi5s. MIUI 9 (7.8.31 and 7.9.7/8).

Thanks

Thank you for your feedback..!

Many of mentioned bugs were already fixed in 7.9.14... we are still working hard on updater app development.. please be patient until it get stable..