Upgrade Stable ROMs

DarKnight2174

Members
Apr 13, 2020
Hello guys. I have a question and I've searched through the forum but I can't find a thread that deals with the doubt so precisely. I'm pondering right here.

Let's suppose I have MIUI 11 stable version by Xiaomi.eu and suddenly a new stable version of MIUI 12 by Xiaomi.eu arrives. Can I dirty flash or should I factory reset or format data ? I need help with this issue.

Thanks a lot. Keep up the good work

Hello guys. I have a question and I've searched through the forum but I can't find a thread that deals with the doubt so precisely. I'm pondering right here.

Let's suppose I have MIUI 11 stable version by Xiaomi.eu and suddenly a new stable version of MIUI 12 by Xiaomi.eu arrives. Can I dirty flash or should I factory reset or format data ? I need help with this issue.

Thanks a lot. Keep up the good work
Dirty flash should work with minimal problems to none, but if you experience any problems, you should clean flash.
As a rule, when there's a major change in ROM, clean flash is always better.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Dirty flash should work with minimal problems to none, but if you experience any problems, you should clean flash.
As a rule, when there's a major change in ROM, clean flash is always better.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Thanks for the advice. I'll be waiting to a stable version of MIUI 12

Hi guys, I'm on miui 11stable mi 9t pro and downloaded latest miui 12, dirty flashed and after that it boots to twrp, I tried wipe data but same thing happens, what to do? Thanks

Hi guys, I'm on miui 11stable mi 9t pro and downloaded latest miui 12, dirty flashed and after that it boots to twrp, I tried wipe data but same thing happens, what to do? Thanks
Hello, why did you wipe data before asking help here? :(

It's recommended to "Format Data" if you come from Stable ROM (to install Weekly ROM). :)

But I found a way to avoid to "Format Data" if you can't boot, you need to install this zip in TWRP => TWRP_RAPHAEL_11.0.4.0_Global_ROM_info.zip

Warning: If you install my zip, you will need to install it after each Weekly ROM update or your phone will not boot to system, only TWRP. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: xdavid
Hello, why did you wipe data before asking help here? :(

It's recommended to "Format Data" if you come from Stable ROM (to install Weekly ROM). :)

But I found a way to avoid to "Format Data" if you can't boot, you need to install this zip in TWRP => TWRP_RAPHAEL_11.0.4.0_Global_ROM_info.zip

Warning: If you install my zip, you will need to install it after each Weekly ROM update or your phone will not boot to system, only TWRP. ;)
Thanks I'll try it tonight