Upgrading Mi 5

Rogério Neiva

Members
Sep 11, 2017
Hi, my Mi 5 is having problems. The touchscreen stops working and I have to reboot in order to make it work again. Several times each day. I did a factory reset but it did not solve the issue.

So I have Android 6.0 MRA58K and MIUI Global 7.2.8.0.0 Stable.

Can anybody help me ? What shall I do ? I see many advises and I am totally lost as I cannot find a procedure for dummies. In many threads the advises suppose that everybody know the details, software, procedures, etc.

Is there any procedure for Dummies ?

Thanks for the help and regards

Roger

You have an unofficial rom as per your numbers, a fake reseller rom,, you need to unlock your bootloader and install official global rom 8.2.2 stable.

Envoyé de mon Redmi Note 4X en utilisant Tapatalk

You have an unofficial rom as per your numbers, a fake reseller rom,, you need to unlock your bootloader and install official global rom 8.2.2 stable.

Envoyé de mon Redmi Note 4X en utilisant Tapatalk

Thanks. Can you help me locate on how to do what you suggest ? I can assure you I thought it was legit from where I bought it.

Thanks for helping.

Reactions: Jaime DLH
Thanks. Can you help me locate on how to do what you suggest ? I can assure you I thought it was legit from where I bought it.

Thanks for helping.
Official site and unlock instructions are at 'en.mui.com'
Some devices are flashed with reseller roms, this happens when device is manufactured before global rom availability.
Device is genuine, but they manage to flash their fake with an engineering cable. You could also use that cable to flash official rom.

Envoyé de mon SGP611 en utilisant Tapatalk