Upgrading My Xiaomi Mi4c

Mar 30, 2018
Hi guys, I recently replaced the battery of my phone and I also want to upgrade my firware since I have been having problems with internet connection lately.
My current version is:

Android 5.1.1 LMY47V
MIUI: 7.1 by xiaomi.eu stable 7.1.4.0
Twrp 2.8.7.0

Can you please suggest a stable rom without bugs? I was pretty happy with the one I have now, but I still want to upgrade it.
I have read that with the upgrade to Android 7+ the camera has lost sharpness, did they fix that with new versions? Can you please help me with the upgrade, providing a detailed guide? Last time I have played (installing custom roms I mean) with android was 2016 when I bought the xiaomi. Thank you for your help.

Nov 22, 2015
Hi guys, I recently replaced the battery of my phone and I also want to upgrade my firware since I have been having problems with internet connection lately.
My current version is:

Android 5.1.1 LMY47V
Twrp 2.8.7.0

Can you please suggest a stable rom without bugs? I was pretty happy with the one I have now, but I still want to upgrade it.
I have read that with the upgrade to Android 7+ the camera has lost sharpness, did they fix that with new versions? Can you please help me with the upgrade, providing a detailed guide? Last time I have played (installing custom roms I mean) with android was 2016 when I bought the xiaomi. Thank you for your help.
Mi4S, MIMAX, MIMAX PRO, MINote PRO
Your BOOTLOADER will be relocked after upgrade from Android 5.1 to Android 7.0 MI4C, Mi4S, MINote PRO so unlock it by en.miui.com/unlock after ROM installation again!!!

How to upgrade to Andoid 7.0:
Install MIUI 6.12.22 before updating to Android 7.0..
Select zip in Updater - menu - select zip
Unlock your bootloader again on Mi4C, Mi4S, MiNotePRO
(check your bootloader status by command "fastboot oem device-info")
Install TWRP for 7.0 via fastboot "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img" "fastboot boot twrp.img"
In case of issues, wipe /data in TWRP
For ROOT use latest SuperSU
Please read this thread completely...many options...problems and solutions ..
https://xiaomi.eu/community/index.php?threads/40827/

Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk

Oct 8, 2015
Hi!!!

Is there a possibility to upgrade the system?
I'm currently on last China dev rom.
I can not unlock bootloader, same meesage every time "Current account cannot unlock this device" for last two month.
I tried with another Mi acount and got the same message.

If someone knows how to solve this, i would be grateful.

Mar 19, 2017
instala la versión 6.1.7 que viene con el gestor de arranque desbloqueado, le haces rott , despues le metes twrp, y ya puedes instalar la rom eu que quieras y el gestor de arranque se quedara abierto, saludos ,

Nov 22, 2015
My current version is:

Android 5.1.1 LMY47V
Twrp 2.8.7.0

https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/miui-8-2-6-12-22-upgrade-to-miui-10-8-7-26.45388/
I just did this the other day to one of my old Mi4c's...worked flawlessly....