V11.0.3.0.PEDCNXM_v11-9 vs. V11.0.2.0.QEDCNXM_v11-10

Patneu

Members
Sep 4, 2018
About the two versions mentioned in the title:

The first one I have currently installed. Is installing the last one considered an update or would it be a downgrade, that could potentially brick my device?

I'm not sure, as the Android version seems to be higher, but MIUI version seems to be lower.

I'm using the v11.0.2.0.QEDCNXM_v11-10
It is an update from android 9 to android 10.
Once you install it there's no going back to android 9 or your phone will brick.

Reactions: irismar
This didn't really answer my question, as I wanted to know if the lower MIUI version would be considered a downgrade although the Android version is higher.

Well, if someone else needs no to know: I just tried and it worked. Obviously going from V11.0.3.0.PEDCNXM_v11-9 to V11.0.2.0.QEDCNXM_v11-10 is not considered a downgrade and it didn't brick my phone.

This didn't really answer my question, as I wanted to know if the lower MIUI version would be considered a downgrade although the Android version is higher.

Well, if someone else needs no to know: I just tried and it worked. Obviously going from V11.0.3.0.PEDCNXM_v11-9 to V11.0.2.0.QEDCNXM_v11-10 is not considered a downgrade and it didn't brick my phone.
In fact it's not a downgrade. Note the version: P x Q at the name.

Enviado de meu MI MAX 3 usando o Tapatalk

I'm using the v11.0.2.0.QEDCNXM_v11-10
It is an update from android 9 to android 10.
Once you install it there's no going back to android 9 or your phone will brick.

So many noise in this thread about phone bricking. Remember:
1) The chance for phone bricking or non-bricking is always estimated in respect of the two ARB (anti-rollback) numbers in installed ROM vs intended ROM.

2) The ARB numbers are the same - 4 - in all these EU ROMs:
xiaomi.eu_multi_MIMAX3_V10.3.4.0.PEDCNXM_v10-9.zip
xiaomi.eu_multi_MIMAX3_V11.0.2.0.PEDCNXM_v11-9.zip
xiaomi.eu_multi_MIMAX3_V11.0.2.0.QEDCNXM_v11-10.zip
xiaomi.eu_multi_MIMAX3_V11.0.3.0.PEDCNXM_v11-9.zip
xiaomi.eu_multi_MIMAX3_20.3.26_v11-10.zip
xiaomi.eu_multi_MIMAX3_20.2.27_v11-10.zip

so all these ROMS (and some others EU ROMs) are mutually interchangeable (no bricking) in respect of ARB number which is always 4 in all these ROMs.

Go to https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-max-3/how-to/guide-how-to-check-anti-value-rom-rom-t3842011 and see how to check ARB numbers.

Howgh!

so all these ROMS (and some others EU ROMs) are mutually interchangeable (no bricking) in respect of ARB number which is always 4 in all these ROMs.
in respect of ARB number you said? question is.... have you tried interchanging them yourself? I did and ended in softbrick, well not with all the roms you listed but in relation to xiaomi.eu_multi_MIMAX3_V11.0.2.0.QEDCNXM_v11-10 and xiaomi.eu_multi_MIMAX3_V11.0.3.0.PEDCNXM_v11-9, I did tried to roll back to android 9 from android 10 using the 11.0.3.0.PEDCNXM rom and my phone did get soft bricked. Those 2 are NOT interchangeable. Maybe all other miui version rom with the SAME arb number and android version can be interchanged but NOT going back to a previous android version regardless of arb numbers, at least that's what the ARB is intended for.
If they are interchangeable to you then perhaps you know something that I don't but I don't care..... you're the man then, who cares.... hahahah
OT: why don't you just help this guy here since you seem to know so much: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/bootloop-after-magisk-20-4-installation.55460/

Howgh!

Last edited:
in respect of ARB number you said? question is.... have you tried interchanging them yourself? I did and ended in softbrick, well not with all the roms you listed but in relation to xiaomi.eu_multi_MIMAX3_V11.0.2.0.QEDCNXM_v11-10 and xiaomi.eu_multi_MIMAX3_V11.0.3.0.PEDCNXM_v11-9, I did tried to roll back to android 9 from android 10 using the 11.0.3.0.PEDCNXM rom and my phone did get soft bricked. Those 2 are NOT interchangeable. Maybe all other miui version rom with the SAME arb number and android version can be interchanged but NOT going back to a previous android version regardless of arb numbers, at least that's what the ARB is intended for.
If they are interchangeable to you then perhaps you know something that I don't but I don't care..... you're the man then, who cares.... hahahah
OT: why don't you just help this guy here since you seem to know so much: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/bootloop-after-magisk-20-4-installation.55460/

Howgh!

So many noise again!?
Yes, I said precisely "in respect of ARB numbers", and that doesn't mean any guarantee that something else (including your smart person) will not help you to brick your phone.

So, let's look that sybject from reverse side: please quote any sentence/message/text/link/whatever... (in whole big Internet) where you found that the same ARB number in EU or other ROMs is the only reason for phone bricking. Hope you are smart enough to find any....

So many noise again!?
Yes, I said precisely "in respect of ARB numbers", and that doesn't mean any guarantee that something else (including your smart person) will not help you to brick your phone.

So, let's look that sybject from reverse side: please quote any sentence/message/text/link/whatever... (in whole big Internet) where you found that the same ARB number in EU or other ROMs is the only reason for phone bricking. Hope you are smart enough to find any....
I'm here trying to help the guy... you showed up but instead of helping him you looked down on me, quoted my post and tells me I'm making a noise?? Well here's my noise.... f**k YOU!

Sorry about that @Patneu , I'm out of here... don't want to ruin your thread ... just that this guy here thinks he can look down on people just because he is the expert on arb, which is not your topic anyway.

I'm here trying to help the guy... you showed up but instead of helping him you looked down on me, quoted my post and tells me I'm making a noise?? Well here's my noise.... f**k YOU!

Sorry about that @Patneu , I'm out of here... don't want to ruin your thread ... just that this guy here thinks he can look down on people just because he is the expert on arb, which is not your topic anyway.

To repeat: "So, let's look that sybject from reverse side: please quote any sentence/message/text/link/whatever... (in whole big Internet) where you found that the same ARB number in EU or other ROMs is the only reason for phone bricking. Hope you are smart enough to find any.... " .........Or you olnly know to "f**k YOU!"?