Vacuum mop 1C new update 3.5.8_1096

LycanBite

Members
Dec 29, 2020
Did anyone experience the new feature of this update_3.5.8_1096, the auto partitioning of the rooms? Could anyone manage to edit it? For me the rooms where indeed automatically created, but it is a total disaster and I would like to delete them. However even that it isn't possible.
It's sad, this was a feature i was waiting for a long time.
I'm curious to know others experience.

Last edited:
Did anyone experience the new feature of this update_3.5.8_1096, the auto partitioning of the rooms? Could anyone manage to edit it? For me the rooms where indeed automatically created, but it is a total disaster and I would like to delete them. However even that it isn't possible.
Yep, mine did same thing. Cant divide rooms. Hope for the next update to divide rooms and more control and settings. Got this device like 2 months ago. So far no complaints.

Do I need to reset the current map to make new one? I installed the update_3.5.8_1096, but can't see any improvements or new look of the map. Please share your experience

Do I need to reset the current map to make new one? I installed the update_3.5.8_1096, but can't see any improvements or new look of the map. Please share your experience
The update is terrible. Sometimes I see the new map mode when I open the app somtimes the old one...it's so unstable...I wonder if anyone tried it on china server...i'm on eu

The update is terrible. Sometimes I see the new map mode when I open the app somtimes the old one...it's so unstable...I wonder if anyone tried it on china server...i'm on eu
I have the same problem, and yesterday the smart map is gone and appear, and don’t create the new map, how I can install the old update?

Can you tell me on which Xiaomi Home App server you get that update?

Last update is a mess. Mine doesn't clean inside the two areas that ramdomly created.

I tried switching to Romania (from South Africa).
I'm still not getting the update.
any idea if it's possible to force update?
My neighbour has the same robot and he still didn't get the update...
I think you should consider yourself lucky to have the old (and stable) version. As everyone around is saying, the new update is a big mess.

My neighbour has the same robot and he still didn't get the update...
I think you should consider yourself lucky to have the old (and stable) version. As everyone around is saying, the new update is a big mess.
Not everyone is saying that.
there are also people happy with the update.

So what is the verdict on this new update? Received a notification that it is available.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Since I got this update 3.5.8_1096 yesterday, I have an internal error on the app. The cleaner does not start. Please, if you know any solutions, or is there a way to go back to the old firmware, it'll be much appreciated. The region is Bulgaria, but changing regions did not help.

Since I got this update 3.5.8_1096 yesterday, I have an internal error on the app. The cleaner does not start. Please, if you know any solutions, or is there a way to go back to the old firmware, it'll be much appreciated. The region is Bulgaria, but changing regions did not help.

Hah, nvm. Turn it off. Cleaned the sensors. Turn it on again and is working.

So what is the verdict on this new update? Received a notification that it is available.
This upgrade has been terrible. Was really happy with it for the last 2 months then this horrible upgrade came.

Now the robot jerks backwards sometimes, randomly goes in circles, repeats cleaning certain areas and doesn't go into some rooms now. Not to mention after it ends, it just repeatedly cleans in a small area and refuses to go back to dock. It also ignores restricted zones.

Basically this has been a disastrous update and feedback via the app doesn't give any response, not even an acknowledgment email.

Can we downgrade the FW to the previous version? Or hopefully the software team puts out a new upgrade soon... Something that they actually tested properly.

This is my feedback on this new update.

1. Your map can be bad partitioned after update. You need to reset your map and make a new one to be partitioned correctly.

2. Vacuum is bumping to wall and things more gently.

3. You can't divide rooms, you can only rename them.

4. You can't schedule a room only cleanup. You can schedule only a full cleanup.

5. You can select more rooms to be cleaned, but you can't select order of cleanup.

On photos you can see my old map (only one blue area and big yellow area was generated) and new one.
019d2d3a4e3ed4b7216ab32e580431a4.jpg
0eb938cf088c2c98b16a475c72bceed3.jpg

Odoslané z Mi 9T pomocou Tapatalku

1. Your map can be bad partitioned after update. You need to reset your map and make a new one to be partitioned correctly.

4. You can't schedule a room only cleanup. You can schedule only a full cleanup.

5. You can select more rooms to be cleaned, but you can't select order of cleanup.

Thanks, this worked!
The robot is now behaving properly and actually moving intelligently like previously.
Appreciate your assistance.

Reactions: kiosk123

On photos you can see my old map (only one blue area and big yellow area was generated) and new one.
019d2d3a4e3ed4b7216ab32e580431a4.jpg
0eb938cf088c2c98b16a475c72bceed3.jpg

Thanks! After reseting the map everything seems to be stable + proper dividing of rooms. I was afraid to do the reset because I have to assist the robot when it does a new map (I've got a lot of mirrors and windows he can bump in) and I didn't want to do it for nothing.
I noticed that the restricted areas are not very well respected. That was better before, but maybe they will fix it soon.
Overall now i'm satisfied.

Reactions: kiosk123
As you know most of people reports that their devices power off while running in power/turbo mode. Is ther any improvement about this issue in new 3.5.8_1096 update? Did someone have a chance to test it?

As you know most of people reports that their devices power off while running in power/turbo mode. Is ther any improvement about this issue in new 3.5.8_1096 update? Did someone have a chance to test it?
I dont know about this issue...my device was running most of the time in a turbo mode and i never noticed this issue before and after the update.

Hello, someone he's fix the issue with turning off robot in turbo mode?

Last edited: