Viber issues

Hi all,

To those of you who had the deactivation problem (the generic IMEI caused by the Custom ROM) - have you tested Viber 2.1.6? Does it work fine now?

i have got htc wildfire and the IMEI number is same. i bought this phone only for viber and now im literally in tears since it aint working. Viber team can you please help me :(
My IMEI version is 359144045720383

i have got htc wildfire and the IMEI number is same. i bought this phone only for viber and now im literally in tears since it aint working. Viber team can you please help me :(
My IMEI version is 359144045720383

Hi,
Please try to be a bit more specific about the problem you're experiencing, so we could try and assist you.
Meanwhile, please keep in mind that Wildfire is not officially supported by Viber, as is clearly written in our official HelpDesk: Supported Devices

Hi,
Please try to be a bit more specific about the problem you're experiencing, so we could try and assist you.
Meanwhile, please keep in mind that Wildfire is not officially supported by Viber, as is clearly written in our official HelpDesk: Supported Devices

There is some audio issue like when im on viber the person on the other end cant hear my audio 2-3 minutes after the call, in other words my voice vanishes. Also sometimes the other person is unable to place a call and receives a message that my viber is an older version and i need to upgrade it, eventhough when i check i have 2.1.6 version which is the latest one. I have tried to reinstall viber and then tried calling and sometimes i reboot my phone aswell but the audio issue persists.
Can you please help me into this?

Thank you for this elaborate information.

May we ask what country you're located in, and which cellular network?
Also, does this problem occur both when you are connected to WiFi networks, and the cellular 3G network?

Thank you for this elaborate information.

May we ask what country you're located in, and which cellular network?
Also, does this problem occur both when you are connected to WiFi networks, and the cellular 3G network?

I'm in Lahore, Pakistan and I'm currently using Warid (cellular network). This problem persists when im connected to WiFi

It could be that the network you are connected to is blocking Viber's traffic.

1. First, please try uninstalling and reinstalling Viber when connecting to a few different WiFi networks (in order to pinpoint the source of the problem). What are the results?
2. Also, please make sure the following ports are enabled on your routers or firewalls:
TCP: 5242 + 4244
UDP: 5243 + 9785

(if you are not sure how to enable ports, you may contact your router manufacturer)

* Also, please keep in mind that this could also be a broader blockage of Viber in your area (or even through your Internet Provider). If this is the case, then unfortunately there won't be anything we would be able to do to help. In order to verify this, it is recommended that you contact your internet provider.

Hello, I switched to MIUI 2.10.26 from ICS 4.0.4 and after that I can not install Viber, market says - "your device isn't compatible with this version" (Moto Atrix 2 ME865).
On ICS viber installed and worked fine.
I noticed that before moving to MIUI, IMEI VS show 16 digits, now shows only the last two - "11." Be able to help?

Hello, I switched to MIUI 2.10.26 from ICS 4.0.4 and after that I can not install Viber, market says - "your device isn't compatible with this version" (Moto Atrix 2 ME865).
On ICS viber installed and worked fine.
I noticed that before moving to MIUI, IMEI VS show 16 digits, now shows only the last two - "11." Be able to help?

Hi,

The problem might really be the fact that your IMEI was overriden.

Please try to install Viber using the direct link to the .APK in our official HelpDesk at: Android - direct link (.APK)

Does it install now?

Thanks, I've tried it - can not an installed - shows a cross in a circle in the middle of the screen.

Please note that Viber does not officially support your device yet, and that may be the reason for the problems you are experiencing. Here is the full list of officially supported devices: http://bit.ly/Hm5k9p
We are continuously working to adapt Viber to more and more devices, and we hope to attend to the problems with your device soon. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Also, note that at this stage we don't officially support custom ROMs with Viber. Running Viber on a custom ROM results in various side effects (sometimes total lack of functionality), but we can't afford to support all custom ROMs out there. We are continuously working to adapt Viber to more and more ROMS, but meanwhile - you might want to contact the ROM developer for further support - they may be able to resolve this issue.

Thank you, can you tell what the main requirements Viber have to install.
Can you advise where i can place message about this problem (with IMEI) on this forum?
English is not native language for me, sorry.

Thank you, can you tell what the main requirements Viber have to install.
Can you advise where i can place message about this problem (with IMEI) on this forum?
English is not native language for me, sorry.

The system requirements (devices, OS versions, etc.) can all be found in our official HelpDesk at: http://helpme.viber.com
About the IMEI problem - unfortunately there is now way for us to redirect you to the proper place, since we only provide support regarding Viber. You might want to search for threads here in the forum or in XDA forums that deal with the same problem.

I was referring to the specific conditions: a unique IMEI SV or identity of IMEI and IMEI SV
in any case, thanks for the reply

Yes, this was understood, and my answer remains the same - it is unfortunately out of our jurisdiction ;)

It is our pleasure to help, and we hope that in the future this problem will be resolved for you.

If the technical from Viber or anyone who knows is still here... I'm having some issues with Viber.
I do not receive notifications if someone messages me or calls me and if I'm on 3G I cannot send or receive messages/voice calls at all ! I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 with the latest MIUI version to date(3.12.13) and I am on a contract with VODAFONE Romania. Any help is highly appreciated !
Thank you in advance !

If the technical from Viber or anyone who knows is still here... I'm having some issues with Viber.
I do not receive notifications if someone messages me or calls me and if I'm on 3G I cannot send or receive messages/voice calls at all ! I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 with the latest MIUI version to date(3.12.13) and I am on a contract with VODAFONE Romania. Any help is highly appreciated !
Thank you in advance !

Yep, we're still here to help!

About the 3G issue - some mobile operators across the world block Viber on their 3G network. Usually this happens when users have a "simple" data plan (or a prepaid contract), meaning they didn't pay extra for using VoIP on their 3G network (Vodafone is known to do it in several European countries).

In order to verify this, we recommend to contact your cell company and confirm this with them, as well as ask friends who have the same data plan (on the same carrier) to try Viber on 3G as well.

About the notification issues - please make sure that the notification settings are all ON in your Android settings. Also, we recommend testing this issue on a few different WiFi networks. Does the problem occur on all of them?

If it does, then we would appreciate if you could take a minute and report the details to our support team using this direct link: http://helpme.viber.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit/RenderForm/1

When you submit the ticket, in the line called: "Through which channel did you submit your initial inquiry", please make sure to choose "Technical Forum".

Thanks in advance!

Strange thing happened: I've never tried to let it do it's job on 3G for longer than ~30 seconds. Today I let it to try and send a message for 1minute+ and eventually it did ! But why did it took so long to send a message via 3G ?
Also, about the notification system I have managed to notice a thing : when viber is running in the background(I do not clear unnecessary processes) I receive messages instantly but when I clear the processes I need to reenter Viber so that I can see new messages. Any solutions to this ? Thank you again for your surprisingly good custom service.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Strange thing happened: I've never tried to let it do it's job on 3G for longer than ~30 seconds. Today I let it to try and send a message for 1minute+ and eventually it did ! But why did it took so long to send a message via 3G ?
Also, about the notification system I have managed to notice a thing : when viber is running in the background(I do not clear unnecessary processes) I receive messages instantly but when I clear the processes I need to reenter Viber so that I can see new messages. Any solutions to this ? Thank you again for your surprisingly good custom service.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Our pleasure to be here and help :)

Thanks for the details. The symptoms you are describing are strange. Notifications for Viber messages should be shown even if the Viber process itself is shut down (thanks to Google Cloud Notifications, that "wakes up" apps even if they're completely shut down).
Are you sure you're not using any third-party app or service that blocks Cloud Notifications? Maybe it's a feature of your Custom ROM? Have you checked the behavior on Stock ROM?

I invite you to use the link I posted above to contact our Support Team. They might be able to assist you better in analyzing this issue and hopefully finding a solution.

Reactions: MarkHUK
Our pleasure to be here and help :)

Thanks for the details. The symptoms you are describing are strange. Notifications for Viber messages should be shown even if the Viber process itself is shut down (thanks to Google Cloud Notifications, that "wakes up" apps even if they're completely shut down).
Are you sure you're not using any third-party app or service that blocks Cloud Notifications? Maybe it's a feature of your Custom ROM? Have you checked the behavior on Stock ROM?

I invite you to use the link I posted above to contact our Support Team. They might be able to assist you better in analyzing this issue and hopefully finding a solution.
be worth checking the permissions app in MIUI as well to see if this is blocking anything for Viber.

For those notifications, have a look at settings>>statusbar>>notifications as well.
Could be it's not/partitially enabled