Activation of VoLTE and VoWIFI in xiaomi.eu ROM

Hello is this thread still open? I just want to say thanks and this does still work! Well, for the additional link posted that is. Just followed the instructions (searched for my network's mbn but not available so just selected what they suggested for that problem which is apac/vodafone/india one then clicked act, then ok on the popup then boom my vowifi icon appeared!)
Screenshot_2023-04-01-06-56-40-534_com.miui.home.jpg

As you can see from the top right of this image! I'm from the PH and my device ISN'T on their list and also the funny thing is that the left network(one that doesn't have the vowifi icon) doesn't support vowifi at all! But when i tried calling with it the little wifi calling icon appears on the dialer which indicates that it does in fact using wifi calling! Also, both also supports volte when i turn wifi off even though volte icons not showing and idk why lol. Anyways that's all i hope this adds something to this thread. Thanks again! :)

Reactions: LeCord137
Screenshot_2023-04-03-16-20-30-275_com.miui.home.jpg

UPDATE: So it turns out I just only needed to contact customer support for my network to activate it and thankfully they answered within just 2 days and activated it! So far my my experience with this since my previous post was fine with only the downside being not able to connect to 5g SA(standalone) but I'd choose contacting anyone anytime with wifi than some "faster" mobile connection :)

Hello @gogocar62 and everyone! I have the new Poco F5 and some questions around VoLTE/VoWiFi:
a) I used the string * # * # 86583 # * # *, and DISABLED it, but nothing happened, but now I want to ENABLE again the "VoLTE carrier check was enabled" but I can't. I enter the code and the phone does not do anything. What can I do to reset it back to "normal"?
b) Can you confirm if VoLTE is to use when you are using Mobile Data (4G and/or 5G); and VoWiFi is for when using it over a WiFi connection? When I'm outside and don't have WiFi, should I see a VoLTE icon in the top bar?
c) What's the difference between
1684187900107.png
and these icons
1684187939982.png
Are these 2 types of icons for VoWiFi? Is there any difference between the two of them?
d) When VoLTE is activated by the carrier, and I'm using Mobile Data (4G and/or 5G), should I see a VoLTE indicator besides the network signal?

Many thanks!

Last edited:
Hi,

I am not sure why I only get to modify SUB0, even by setting manually SUB1 instead of ALL_SUB in the specific button.

Also, I noticed that the MBN config tool keeps getting stuck, I need to reboot in order to make more edits.

Using Poco F3 with the last availble beta from xiaomi.eu (23.04.17)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-06-14-15-37-03-894_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-06-14-15-37-03-894_com.android.settings.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 234
  • Screenshot_2023-06-14-15-38-25-897_com.xiaomi.mtb.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-06-14-15-38-25-897_com.xiaomi.mtb.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:
Works fine but
I must write in white search box - PLAY (for Play Poland) and selected it
Then i click on ACT to enable and save it
Now volte and vowifi works fine, incomming call are recognised again
Poco F3 MIUI.EU I followed the instructions from the post with no result. Then I followed the directions of "0kti78 " with no success. My operator "Play" supports Wi-Fi caling, however, the list of supported devices does not include Poco F3. I decided to try to run my SIM card in a phone that is supported on my operator's list. After turning it on, I got internet setup and MMS VoWiFi worked (on Huawei P Smart) SIM card returned to my Poco F3. After turning on the device, I was greeted by the VoWiFi and VoLTE icons. This method also worked well on the Poco F3 Global. Application? After starting the SIM card in an officially supported device on the list of my network operator, VoWiFi and VoLTE services are automatically activated. Further services will work on any device that supports these connections. PS translation from Polish to English by Google Translate

Hello there!!!

I type *#*#663368378#*#* on both MIUI and Google dialer but nothing happens. no window opens up....It shows as something is about to happen for a second, but nothing does..

Do I need to change anything in the dialer's permissions?

If you are using xiaomi.eu ROM use MIUI dialer. If the other codes work, there is no need to change anything.

Does this solution only work for Redmi phone with Snapdragon chipset? or can it work with Redmi phones with Dimensity chipset like the Redmi Note 12 Pro 5G global version?

Can anyone comment if they got it working with Redmi Note 12 Pro 5G global version.

Thanks!

1. Enter the string * # * # 86583 # * # * in the field for dialing numbers, a message will appear after the last character, which must end with DISABLE. If ENABLE, we repeat the string again. This will allow VoLTE because this menu is hidden by default.
img_20200710_112231-jpg.39131

2. Enter the string * # * # 869434 # * # * as above, again the message with DISABLE must appear at the end. We have enabled VoWIFI.

3. Using the SIM card settings, we adjust the SIM card number in the international format, ie + 4xx .... I don't know if it's necessary, but some sources state it, so I listened and set it up. Activate VoLTE and VoWIFI
bez-n%C3%A1zvu-png.39129

3. enter the code in the stock MIUI Dialer app: * # * # 663368378 # * # *
then "MBN config loading and activing tool", then "Advanced" button. You should see that "oem_sw.txt" is selected for the auto-detection list - set it to "mbn_eea.txt" and then "Validate" and "ok".

Bez-n-zvu.png

4. Restart the phone and both functions should be active. We test VoWIFI by selecting the mode on the plane and then turning on WiFi and trying to call someone. If we succeed, we have won.

If that didn't help, follow the instructions in the link:
Im getting this error on my Poco x3 pro. Please help.

"This tool is not supported in the current project" on the reuban v5.5

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-02-18-16-03-27-619_com.xiaomi.mtb.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-02-18-16-03-27-619_com.xiaomi.mtb.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 46
1. Enter the string * # * # 86583 # * # * in the field for dialing numbers, a message will appear after the last character, which must end with DISABLE. If ENABLE, we repeat the string again. This will allow VoLTE because this menu is hidden by default.
img_20200710_112231-jpg.39131

2. Enter the string * # * # 869434 # * # * as above, again the message with DISABLE must appear at the end. We have enabled VoWIFI.

3. Using the SIM card settings, we adjust the SIM card number in the international format, ie + 4xx .... I don't know if it's necessary, but some sources state it, so I listened and set it up. Activate VoLTE and VoWIFI
bez-n%C3%A1zvu-png.39129

3. enter the code in the stock MIUI Dialer app: * # * # 663368378 # * # *
then "MBN config loading and activing tool", then "Advanced" button. You should see that "oem_sw.txt" is selected for the auto-detection list - set it to "mbn_eea.txt" and then "Validate" and "ok".

Bez-n-zvu.png

4. Restart the phone and both functions should be active. We test VoWIFI by selecting the mode on the plane and then turning on WiFi and trying to call someone. If we succeed, we have won.

If that didn't help, follow the instructions in the link:
would know help me how to circumvent this step, xiaomi blocked MBN, I have the REDMI NOTE 12 TURBO Chinese version.
4.jpg