New VoLTE Icon missing

vcdwelt

Members
Apr 14, 2019
Mi 8 Dipper
Since first Miui 11 there is no VoLTE Icon anymore in Statusbar. It seems some other devices still habe this Icon with Miui 11. Anymways VoLTE is working, checked IMS Status and also Call Log shows VoLTE Calls.

Is this a bug, or a new design "feature" from Xiaomi.

In MIUI 12 running on Mi 9 VoLte or HD Icon still missing (same in MIUI 11).

VoLte and VoWifi is working.
VoWifi icon is shown.

Has anyone an idea ?

Because the same issue exists on official Rom, this should be fixed by xiaomi and not the EU team.
At least for Mi 9 on latest Miui11 EEA Rom.

Because the same issue exists on official Rom, this should be fixed by xiaomi and not the EU team.
At least for Mi 9 on latest Miui11 EEA Rom.
Okay, thanks for the information.
Tried to post a request to Xiaomi, but did not find the right place.
So I will wait.

Yes on Miui 10 the icons are shown, on Miui 11 not. Also it seems this is not the same on all devices, for some the icons showing up, for other not...

Yes on Miui 10 the icons are shown, on Miui 11 not. Also it seems this is not the same on all devices, for some the icons showing up, for other not...
It's Xiaomi who not show the symbol for some operators even with VoLTE activated

Hi, hopefully this thread is still alive...
My experience here about VOLTE and HD icon...

I am coming from a Pixel phone where VOLTE icon was not available by ROM but HD icon would be shown in the dialer.
I moved to two Mi11: one with official (although test) MIUI 12.0 build and one with MIUI 12.5 xiaomi.eu.

Well, on both phones neither the VOLTE icon is shown nor the HD badge in the dialer, yet VOLTE is working for sure.

If I put the same SIM into a Samsung phone, the HD badge is shown in the dialer

Hi,
I am still waiting for the VoLTE icon, too.
My request was not answered byXiaomi.

Using the EU ROM the HD Icon is shown during the call.

Anruf mit HD Icon.jpg

VoWifi Icon is shown.
VoWifi and VoLTE is working, but VoLTE Icon is missing.

Hi,
I am still waiting for the VoLTE icon, too.
My request was not answered byXiaomi.

Using the EU ROM the HD Icon is shown during the call.

View attachment 34310

VoWifi Icon is shown.
VoWifi and VoLTE is working, but VoLTE Icon is missing.

May this be also device dependent? You have Mi9 with xiaomi.eu + MIUI 12 + Android 10?
I have Mi11 and both official global ROM (although in beta) based on MIIUI12 and xiaomi.eu based on MIUI 12.5 and on both I ahve neither VOLTE icon nor HD badge, whatever the dialer I use...

I'm on MI 10 (global). Volte was working with French carrier "Orange" but not Vowifi. Volte doesn't work anymore since 3 or 4 weekly.

On my old MI 8 I played with Qualcomm PDC and I can't make it work with "Orange" SIM card. While with the "Bouygues" it does work for Volte but no vowifi

I'm on Mi11 global Vodafone carrier
- one device has official MIUI 12 Android 11 (test build)
- one device has xiaomi.eu MIUI 12.5 Android 11

VoWifi is shown , but no Volte, Mi10t lite, Miui 12.5, O2 Aldi Talk...

Volte is shown with
*#*#86583#*#*
It was disabled....

Last edited:
In Version 2021-3-3 it is fixed.

VoLte and VoWifi are shown.

Mi9, Miui 12.5, Carrier O2
Thanks for the feedback.

Icon is only shown if VoLTE is enabled and supported. If it's not shown, means it's either disabled or the carrier is not properly supported for VoLTE. This depends on the country and the kind of operator you have (MVNO service providers can have compatibility issues).

Check *#*#4636#*#*

To Swap VoLTE Support use *#*#86583#*#*

Most of the O2 Sub-Carriers are supporting VoLTE and VoWifi, but perhaps you are using the old eplus Network.
SipGate for example is a O2 Sub-Carrier, but they are not supporting VoLTE and VoWifi.

I dont know if eplus is supporting VoLte, butI can't imagine why they are not.
VoWifi and VoVoLTE is the same technic, if VoWifi is shown VoLte should be shown too, now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-03-05-14-28-10-931_com.android.phone.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-03-05-14-28-10-931_com.android.phone.jpg
    342 KB · Views: 1,405
Reactions: LHGBde