VPN and Mi Box

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Mi Box / Mi TV' started by Cliffie, Dec 22, 2014.

1. Cliffie

CliffieMembers

Dec 22, 2014
    Hi,
    I have a Mi Box that we have been using for quite some time but since this summer the speed of the movies and TV shows are ridiculously slow. Some of it's content are also blocked it would seem (live in Europe).

I would figure that the blocking could be solved by VPN, perhaps can improve the speed too if I got the correct VPN provider :)

Anyway, to the problem. I can't find any place in the Mi Box where I can add VPN setting like in a "normal" Android driven phone. I have read in the forum that this might be blocked in Xiaomi Mi Box, what process would I go about to get the VPN working for starts?

Do I need to jailbreak, if so... Could a friendly soul give me a link to a guide how this could be done, I've found a few but some are quite old. Not sure they are up to date.

If jailbreak is not needed, how can I add VPN info in the Mi Box?

Hoping for answer :)
    Merry Christmas!

2. knightng

knightngMembers

Nov 23, 2014
    Male
    In order to allow the forum user to share experiences, can advise what is the model of the Mi Box and the ROM/Firmware? model?

3. lippo

lippoMembers

Aug 22, 2014
    Male
    UK
    Hi, probably not much help, but I'm sure I have seen the VPN page in the settings. Can't get on it at the moment to find out.

I use Private Internet Access who have their own app - does the VPN you use have one?

Share Our Site