WCDMA Hongmi / MIUI 3.11.15 - countless problems...

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Redmi (Red Rice / HongMi)' started by Rosenklotz, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Rosenklotz

RosenklotzMembers

Nov 28, 2013
    I got my WCDMA Hongmi yesterday. Multilanguage, GPlay was installed ootb & working. Although my overall first impression is good, there are several annoying bugs:

* I renamed both SIM Cards to "Work / Private", but the status bar is still showing "Vodafone / O2".

* I wish there was no name of SIM Cards showing up in the status bar at all, but there is no option to turn it off - why? No smartphone ever before had that, what is it good for?

* after reboot all settings are gone (ringtones etc), SIM Card #2 is turned off and has to be activated manually after every reboot

* after changing language (german to english or other) all settings are gone (ringtones etc)

* Notification LED: I can choose colors for different actions, but choosing cyan, white, green makes the settings crash. Red, blue and yellow work fine when chosen. BUT the thing is: There never is any notification at all! There is the "Manage notifications" settings, but whatever I try, the notification LED won`t blink on missed calls, SMS or Whatsapp. Only when battery is low.

* when receiving messages or whatsapp, the status sometimes shows a symbol notification, sometimes not. Can`t figure out when or when not. Along with the LED problem, this ends up in not being informed about incoming messages, except when you hear the ringtone --> this is really unacceptable, right?

* The "Storage settings" mystery: - Default write disk: "Your phone will reboot" and "If you select the Touch to view usage and settings., the applications that installed on YOUR phone will reboot. can`t be used and the device will reboot, are you sure to change the Touch to view usage and settings.?" - What the f*** is that supposed to mean? I don`t get it, and I can`t set any default write disk.

* when language is german, photo editor crashes on some options, in english language all is working fine

Now, do you have any ideas or work arounds for these problems? I`d really like the notification LED and status bar to be fixed.
    I tried to download the stable 1 , but it seems impossible, because my internet connection is really really slow (max 43 K/s). Any ideas? [edit: Own idea is, torrents work for me, even on bigger files...so if there was a torrent for stable 1, I might be able to get it]
    If not I`ll have to sell my brandnew Hongmi and stick with my No.1 S6 (which has some annoying bugs too)

kiddy likes this.
  2. ingbrzy

ingbrzyXiaomi.eu Multilang leader
    Staff Member

Install our Stable multilang rom... Just follow our guide...

~Tapatalk 4~

3. Rosenklotz

RosenklotzMembers

Nov 28, 2013
    I need a torrent for stable 1 (normal download won`t work for me), and please link to guide...THX

4. ingbrzy

ingbrzyXiaomi.eu Multilang leader
    Staff Member

Share Our Site