Web Browser

better

Members
Jun 12, 2016
Hello,
I'm wondering, I've been using the official Xiaomi ROM for quite a while, but I switched to xiaomi.eu ROM, which I find better. I really like all the features of the default web browser, but I don't understand why I can't find the toggle to disable ads on the one from xiaomi.eu ? Did you remove it for any reason ?
Thanks

I'm not sure but maybe because such a feature needs root access since your hosts file needs to be edited for that that it is removed from xiaomi.eu as xiaomi.eu has no native root access anymore since a while. Just flash superSU and install adaway.

I understand, it's a bad thing then, because browsing internet, especially on a mobile phone, with ads, is a really bad experience. With all the ads covering the pages, the fake virus alerts, the redirection to download apps on the playstore, the tabs openning by themself and which can't be closed, it's just impossible to do something... The MIUI browser is really awesome, besides that, I don't really want to change it. Maybe I could just get the official one from global Roms ?

EDIT: Adaway is not really what I'm looking for, since it will remove ads from apps too, but maybe that's better than nothing; thanks for your reply :)

EDIT2: BTW, it's a system app, and present on the official release, I don't see why it would be a permission issue :/

Last edited:
Maybe bcause official rom has native root access whereas xiaomi.eu rom doesn't.
So you like advertisements in your apps?

It's more complicated than that, I don't really mind having ads in my apps, because it helps the devs. And it not only blocks ads, but also some useful redirections from websites. Like deals websites.
It's ok though, I wanted to know the purpose of removing such a great feature. I will take the official apk and install it