[INFO] Known Issues (Weekly) & FAQ

No, in my Mi 9T Pro it has not existed, but I know, that it is an option of android. And I thought that you geniuses could add it.

PS: Sorry about the goat, I got carried away by your profile picture.

Greetings and thanks for your contributions.
There's a limit to what we can do without having the original source code and Xiaomi's official private key for signing apps.
This isn't one of the things we can add without that.

Reactions: parashersandep2003
Do this restarts present a message saying "Find device closed unexpectedly"?
Nope, it doesn't say anything, it just reboots the phone all of a sudden, but latest update have not shown this problems anymore, i thinks its fixed

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

Mi 9 - 20.5.28

Bluetooth Earbuds Volume Problem

- as seen in attached video(idk if the volume would change if you adjust and screen record simultaneously in normal circumstances) but as you can see, when i adjust the volume while connected to a wireless earbuds(in my case its Edifier TWS1) and it does not make any changes on the volume, it stays on max

Thank you in advance, hope this issue will see an end. Keep up the good work!

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

Still an excellent ROM. Currently experiencing two issues:

1) Android Auto seems to randomly disconnect my Mi9t with the 28.05.2020 release from my Pioneer DA230DAB+ head unit. As I haven't used AA before I can't say if it worked before. I have made sure it's not being killed by the Xiaomi battery saver.
2) Samsung Galaxy Wear is still experiencing permission issues. I know permissions has been worked on before, but I still keep getting notifications about 'Contacts' permission and apparently it's not a device admin while it clearly says so in the settings.

Any ideas?

Sound Assistant does not appear to be changed by the dark mode, as it is being displayed in white. Not sure if this is on your end or Xiaomi's...

Last edited:
@Igor Eisberg
Can you remove the card in Chinese in the App Vault?
(20.5.28, Mi Max 3)

View attachment 30247
Only you can do that. It's a residue from an older ROM version. Clear app data for App vault and reboot.

It's a new feature, let Xiaomi fix this. It's just the nature of a beta ROM.

Reactions: nik.shersh
thanks to developers for for their non-profit offer
sorry for the repetition but i think here is the right thread
I know it is a beta ROM, but i have only noticed these, so please can you confirm?
1) on battery stats show me only the last 24 hours
2) the vertical list of letters on contacts app (quick search letters) is only in English language so not works for me
3) have more consumption of ram, about 10% more compared to miui 11
4) on font size settings the M (medium) size is missing
(whyred ... 20.5.28)
and maybe you can fix it or maybe xiaomi will fix ... thanks

Last edited:
@Igor Eisberg, thanks for help.

@Igor Eisberg, @ingbrzy
Translation for device specifications...
Is it possible to add on xiaomi.eu?

I am often asked about translation, so I looked for opportunities. Maybe this manual (with the ability to add a resource to the repository for translation) will be interesting and useful?

Link to manual.

Thanks for your work.

How did you do that?
I'm not going to teach you decompilation/recompilation. Just wait for the upcoming release...

@Igor Eisberg, thanks for help.

@Igor Eisberg, @ingbrzy
Translation for device specifications...
Is it possible to add on xiaomi.eu?

I am often asked about translation, so I looked for opportunities. Maybe this manual (with the ability to add a resource to the repository for translation) will be interesting and useful?

Link to manual.

Thanks for your work.
I don't know what you mean "device specifications".
device_description_* strings?

Yes I know. The manual implements the ability to replace some dynamic lines from the server to static so that it can be translated into different languages.
I'm not interested in adding such device-specific resources.

No problems. Just asked about the opportunity :)
I am a translator of xiaomi.eu into Russian. And I try to make the firmware better, just like you.
To simplify the process of translating and searching for missing tags, I wrote a small program. As example:
View attachment 30251View attachment 30252
Nice to see a skilled fellow developer on this forum that can produce some nice tools.

Tried parsing the French translation, but couldn't find the strings for AOD. Might be the app or a system settings, unknown to me.
> AOD (Super-Mars edition) still shows chinese caracters on device-off part of the AOD - just before sleeping. Format is still MONTH-Chinesecar-DAY-Chinesecar-DAYNAME_Correctly_Localised. Cannot provide screenshot as... the phone is being locked.

It's at this screen except MONTH and DAY and DAYNAME are on the same line
View attachment 1591236812681.png

> Data monthly cap (etc) cannot be set, it seems completely gone from settings.

Thank you for your hard work and maintaining our devices fresh as a rose ;-)

Reactions: parashersandep2003
Hello,

First of all thank you for the work accomplished, the rom is at the beginning of beta and yet it works well.
I encounter some minor bugs on the Raphael K20pro / mi9tpro version 20.5.28 model:
- Ambient display remains permanently displayed despite the fact that a 10-second time lab is configured.
- No longer possible to correctly see its overall SOT per charge because the battery statistic is configured daily.
- The autonomy is a little reduced compared to Miui11.
Good work Xiaomi.eu :)

chinese caracters on device-off part of the AOD
Maybe this will help?

The first character is poorly distinguishable. But it looks like:
<string name="n_week_last"></string>

Second character looks like:
<string name="chinese_digit_five"></string>

Third and fourth characters:
D:\Android\Github\MA-XML-12-Compare\dipper\extras\clock\strings\strings_zh_CN.xml (1 hit)
Line 7: <string name="desc_time">ifelse(eq(#time_format,0),ifelse(#hour24{12,'上午','下午')+#hour12,eq(#time_format,1),#hour24,#hour24)+'点'+ifelse(gt(#minute,0)*le(#minute,9),0,'')+ifelse(#minute,#minute+'分','整')</string>

I'm having problems with the device's unlocking animations. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. This has been happening since the first version of miui.eu on my mi 9.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.