[INFO] Known Issues (Weekly) & FAQ

Fingerprint and power button delay (2 seconds) while screen is locked on RN5 with 9.1.10. So much problems with this ROM version...
On 9.1.17 probably solved, I don't see now any problems with it.

Wysłane z mojego Redmi Note 5 przy użyciu Tapatalka

MiPad4 LTE (Clover) 64GB version, Weekly ROM 9.1.24

Clean installation of MIUI 10 installation does not allow the process to go beyond the page "Copy Apps and Data".

This is a brand new installation, with full reformat of internal storage to clear encryption, using the official TWRP from the androidfilehost repository linked in the 9.1.24 forum pages.

When I select "Set up as new", it goes to "checking for updates", then "Checking info" for a brief second, then back to the "Copy Apps & Data", with no way of progressing with the install.

100% replication.

Clean installation of MIUI 10 installation does not allow the process to go beyond the page "Copy Apps and Data".

This is a brand new installation, with full reformat of internal storage to clear encryption, using the official TWRP from the androidfilehost repository linked in the 9.1.24 forum pages.

When I select "Set up as new", it goes to "checking for updates", then "Checking info" for a brief second, then back to the "Copy Apps & Data", with no way of progressing with the install.

100% replication.
This is the recovery I'm using on Mi Pad 4 Wifi - no issues so far, even builtin magisk installer works:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-pad-4/how-to/recovery-twrp-t3851971

*edit*
Just wiped data and flashed 9.1.24 on my mi pad 4 wifi and when I select "set up as new" it checks for updates and then progresses to the The Google account login information screen as usual.

When I select copy data it checks for update and then proceeds to the restore from cloud processing from another android phone screen.

Can't reproduce your issue.

Sooo.. Recovery?
Or lte model issue?
Did you try with and without a Sim cards inserted?

Last edited:

100% replication.

I do have exactely the same issue with my Mi Pad 4. (ROM: Stable 10.2.1.0)
No matter where I try to sign in to my Google account (set up phone, play store or account settings) I only see the "Checking info" screen for a fraction of a second and then it goes back to the previous screen...
Really annoying.

Have you already found a solution?

This is the recovery I'm using on Mi Pad 4 Wifi - no issues so far, even builtin magisk installer works:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-pad-4/how-to/recovery-twrp-t3851971

*edit*
Just wiped data and flashed 9.1.24 on my mi pad 4 wifi and when I select "set up as new" it checks for updates and then progresses to the The Google account login information screen as usual.

When I select copy data it checks for update and then proceeds to the restore from cloudy program another phone screen.

Can't reproduce your issue.

Sooo.. Recovery?
Or lte model issue?
Did you try with and without a Sim cards inserted?

LTE model, without SIM inserted.

Managed to fudge around it by going to "Copy from...." Instead of new install, then by pretending to copy from my Mix2, I managed to get it to step forward to the following steps and complete the setup.

Just to confirm - you never got far enough to enter your Google account credentials, correct?

Just to confirm - you never got far enough to enter your Google account credentials, correct?
Going through the new device, no.

Going through the "copy from device", if my memory is correct, yes, I could, but then I couldn't get my backup to load for whatever reason.
After trying multiple things it finally progressed.....

Mi 8. 9.1.24. Clean installation.
Ok Google cannot unlock the phone (unlock setting is selected in voice match settings)

Hi. I can not connect my mobile data with ROM 9.2.14 nor with the 9.1.24 rom but with the stable xiaomi.eu it connects easily. Sorry for bad English

After update on my mi8 the android setup keep running and pop out from notification. I had fix it by uninstalled via adb pm uninstall

On redmi 6 pro video recording is not working since Android 9. 3 weekly builds passed and still not working.

9.2.21, whyred

when swiping left to smart assistant the color of font and symbols in statusbar change to black. You have to reinstall the theme to get it back to white.
As fix I've temporary deactivated the smart assistant for now.

9.2.21, whyred

when swiping left to smart assistant the color of font and symbols in statusbar change to black. You have to reinstall the theme to get it back to white.
As fix I've temporary deactivated the smart assistant for now.
Issues related to Dark mode are out of our control. Dark mode is in development and could cause issues. That's the nature of a Developer/Beta/Weekly ROM.

I have 2 bugs on my Mix 3 - 9.2.21:

1. Can't send or receive MMS (this was an issue on last week's rom, not sure about the earlier ones)
2. Screen doesn't turn off while holding the phone to my ear during calls (option turned on in settings)

I have 2 bugs on my Mix 3 - 9.2.21:

1. Can't send or receive MMS (this was an issue on last week's rom, not sure about the earlier ones)
2. Screen doesn't turn off while holding the phone to my ear during calls (option turned on in settings)
Ad 1. Do you have APNs ? Did you try add it manually?