[INFO] Known Issues (Weekly) & FAQ

Hi I ran into a weird bug.
My network connection is sometimes down till I restart or force stop the Qualcomm telephony service.
It's not totally down. Only for browser, all Google apps... What's app is working fine except downloading images and videos.
Are you using VPN apps? I see something similar and suspect my VPN app.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 9 met Tapatalk

Hello
I have a problem since I am on the Xiaomi EU at the moment version 9-6-5 I can not download any more themes it always comes the error 4001 can someone help me

Mi9SE Only the home screen layout 4x6, 5x6 is available.
Is it possible to add a full selection, as for the rest (4x7, etc.). At 9.5.16 all modes were available. At 9.5.23, 9.5.30, 9.6.5 disappeared

I don't know if it has been reported but on Redmi Note 7 there are some proximity sensor issues, during calls and while listening to vocal messages on Whatsapp and Telegram the screen doesn't turn off. Someone told me that this is a China ROM's problem that also affects every porting and fork of MIUI. I'm on the latest weekly release...

I'm using K20 Pro and currently on 9.6.20, but I've been experiencing this bug since 9.6.13 where if you've completed the google account setup, you won't be able to play music or video anymore or the phone will crash.

I noticed it's the google setup since i wiped and skipped google setup, then the bug never occurs. So I completed the setup then the crash bug came back.

I don't know if it has been reported but on Redmi Note 7 there are some proximity sensor issues, during calls and while listening to vocal messages on Whatsapp and Telegram the screen doesn't turn off. Someone told me that this is a China ROM's problem that also affects every porting and fork of MIUI. I'm on the latest weekly release...

The problem is not related to the proximity sensor, is related to the notification bar instead. Anyway, still confirming this annoying problem

I'm using K20 Pro and currently on 9.6.20, but I've been experiencing this bug since 9.6.13 where if you've completed the google account setup, you won't be able to play music or video anymore or the phone will crash.

I noticed it's the google setup since i wiped and skipped google setup, then the bug never occurs. So I completed the setup then the crash bug came back.
Clear data of Google app (velvet) and you can play videos and music fine. Problem comes from Google now.

Xiaomi.eu team says they know this issue but it's not part of the known issues when I reproted it

Sent from my Redmi K20 Pro using Tapatalk

There is an issue with my redmi k20 pro the camera app work but stuck in ultra wide mode and some mode doesn't work since 2 last versions. All of this worked on 9.6.20 so i'll wait on this version till it fixed

Clear data of Google app (velvet) and you can play videos and music fine. Problem comes from Google now.

Xiaomi.eu team says they know this issue but it's not part of the known issues when I reproted it

Sent from my Redmi K20 Pro using Tapatalk
"Known issues" list MIUI issues that are under investigation/fixing... Google issues are not something we have any control over. It's not under fixing, at least on our side.

K20 pro here, with 9.7.11

1) calls not working at random, even not rings. When insist they freeze the phone and a hard reset is needed
2) in the same moment I've noticed no data were working, not even WiFi. Going to and out plane mode made internet working but not calls anyway
3) WhatsApp voice note aren't working.they record super short messages and they are silent

Update
4) videos anywhere are working terrible, stuttering etc. Randomly but after a lot of efforts of stop and trying, they start to work properly. YouTube too isn't working but as well as amy other streaming platform I've tried so far

Last edited:
About video stuttering problem: looks I've fixed it not deleting Google updates (it worked but only 30 mins), but installing a magisk module called "audio compatibility patch". From yesterday till now it's still working fine. Could be a possible fix to investigate for next releases?

Extended screenshot not working on 9.7.11 for mi6. At least on Chrome, the image can't be scrolled/extended.

Extended screenshot not working on 9.7.11 for mi6. At least on Chrome, the image can't be scrolled/extended.
It never did. MIUI's implementation of scrolling screenshot never worked with Chrome and some other Google apps. Not our issue. It's meant to be used with MIUI apps (with stock Browser works fine)

Reactions: hamicuia
Quoting from my post on the new weekly thread:

For me, downloaded and installed successfully via OTA. For now all works well, anyway the only one problem I've found is that when I get a notification, that notification doesn't show its content on lock screen even if I turn on the options to show it. I've obviously tried to switch it off and on again. I'm using a Redmi Note 7...

Can someone help me please?

EDIT: here is an example of what's going on:

I've turned on the options to show the content of notification, anyway it is not showed (at least for Whatsapp and Telegram), as of now email app shows them correctly...

Last edited:
Mi Mix 3
Pip not work, either for maps nor for vanced
Lwp, if its a video wallpaper stops after first play

wipe cache and dalvik doesnt help

Dear Xiaomi.eu!

Time stamp is not working on your roms in camera app since april. It only works in SQUARE camera mode, in photo mode only watermark is working, no time stamp on photos. Can you fix this? Have tried resetting the app, delete cache and everything but it is only working in square mode with time stamp.
In factory rom it is working!
My Device: (whyred) Redmi Note 5 Pro, im in Hungary.

Other user has reported this before too: https://xiaomi.eu/community/search/1042619/?q=time+stamp&o=relevance

Thanks,

Gábor

Hi,

Anyone experiences random ads popping up instantly after unlocking the phone on Mi 9? My phone is running 9.7.19.

Thanks.

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

"Known issues" list MIUI issues that are under investigation/fixing... Google issues are not something we have any control over. It's not under fixing, at least on our side.

This issue doesn't exist on Chinese stable/Dev or global stable even with the google app installed and running. It only exists on xiaomi.eu. doesn't that mean it's something on your side and not on Google's side?

Last edited:
This issue doesn't exist on Chinese stable/Dev or global stable even with the google app installed and running. It only exists on xiaomi.eu. doesn't that mean it's something on your side and not on Google's side?
Unless you have some useful information for us to work with, there's nothing we can do about it.
Redmi K20 Pro gets the same treatment as any other device, so unless you have any concrete evidence that the issue originates from our ROM, this is a waste of time.
China Stable/Dev don't have Google apps, and even if you install them yourself, those are most likely not the same Gapps that we're using for all of our ROMs.

Unless you have some useful information for us to work with, there's nothing we can do about it.
Redmi K20 Pro gets the same treatment as any other device, so unless you have any concrete evidence that the issue originates from our ROM, this is a waste of time.
China Stable/Dev don't have Google apps, and even if you install them yourself, those are most likely not the same Gapps that we're using for all of our ROMs.

What type of info or concrete evidence would you need?
I can pull logs and video comparison on eu rom vs global stable/China stable or dev with gapps.

Aside from the google issue the ROM is a lot better than what we currently have so I wouldn't mind helping out wherever to get this problem sorted out

What type of info or concrete evidence would you need?
I can pull logs and video comparison on eu rom vs global stable/China stable or dev with gapps.

Aside from the google issue the ROM is a lot better than what we currently have so I wouldn't mind helping out wherever to get this problem sorted out
Since I don't have the device myself, this kind of issue can't be looked at. We already got logs and they were useless and the errors seem to be low-level stuff, nothing we can modify.

Reactions: iXanza