[INFO] Known Issues (Weekly) & FAQ

hello,

I wants to report my call log history is empty in my Mi9 with MIUI 11.09 stable. any work around?

Device Mi9

MIUI 12 - 20.5.14

When android auto is plugged in, if you pick up the phone to use it for any reason, when you power on the screen there is a large black box that appears at the top left that is half the width of the display and I'd say about 1/8 the height just sitting there and will not go away until android auto is disconnected.

I did notice, that I pulled down the settings bar and the buttons on the bar were still responsive, you just couldn't see them because this black box was overlayed over them.

I've not seen this issue before on any of the other releases or roms i've used.

Just flashed to 20.5.21 this morning. Used Android Auto most of the day driving for work and have not noticied this issue after updating.

Since miui 12 my alarm clock doesn't ring every day but the options are the same like on miui 11. Mi9

Mi 9 - 20.5.21

Bluetooth Earbuds Volume Problem
- as seen in attached video(idk if the volume would change if you adjust and screen record simultaneously in normal circumstances) but as you can see, when i adjust the volume while connected to a wireless earbuds(in my case its Edifier TWS1) and it does not make any changes on the volume, it stays on max

Random restarts
- I've encountered a few episodes of random reboots whenever I'm using my phone.

Thank you in advance, hope this issue will see an end. Keep up the good work!

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

Mi 9 - 20.5.21

- as seen in attached video(idk if the volume would change if you adjust and screen record simultaneously in normal circumstances) but as you can see, when i adjust the volume while connected to a wireless earbuds(in my case its Edifier TWS1) and it does not make any changes on the volume, it stays on max

Random restarts
- I've encountered a few episodes of random reboots whenever I'm using my phone.

Do this restarts present a message saying "Find device closed unexpectedly"?

I'm sure it's a Xiaomi problem, but I still mention it to see if you can correct the following:

In DND there is no option to start automatically with calendar events. It is a function that is very useful to me.

please goat Igor don't hit me,

Mi 9 - 20.5.21

Random restarts

I confirm never seen before series of restart everytime I use the Uber app

which language? try with EN.. and post log from FC..
Polish, tried with en and it's still fc, cant change or delete password as well

java.lang.RuntimeException: An error occurred while executing doInBackground()
at android.os.AsyncTask$4.done(Unknown Source:27)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.finishCompletion(FutureTask.java:383)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.setException(FutureTask.java:252)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:271)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1167)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:641)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:919)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'int com.android.internal.widget.VerifyCredentialResponse.getResponseCode()' on a null object reference
at com.android.internal.widget.LockPatternUtils.verifyCredential(Unknown Source:13)
at com.android.internal.widget.LockPatternUtils.verifyPassword(Unknown Source:8)
at com.android.settings.d.b.a(Unknown Source:4)
at com.android.settings.Ed.doInBackground(Unknown Source:8)
at com.android.settings.Ed.doInBackground(Unknown Source:2)
at android.os.AsyncTask$3.call(Unknown Source:20)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
... 3 more

Polish, tried with en and it's still fc, cant change or delete password as well

java.lang.RuntimeException: An error occurred while executing doInBackground()
at android.os.AsyncTask$4.done(Unknown Source:27)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.finishCompletion(FutureTask.java:383)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.setException(FutureTask.java:252)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:271)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1167)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:641)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:919)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'int com.android.internal.widget.VerifyCredentialResponse.getResponseCode()' on a null object reference
at com.android.internal.widget.LockPatternUtils.verifyCredential(Unknown Source:13)
at com.android.internal.widget.LockPatternUtils.verifyPassword(Unknown Source:8)
at com.android.settings.d.b.a(Unknown Source:4)
at com.android.settings.Ed.doInBackground(Unknown Source:8)
at com.android.settings.Ed.doInBackground(Unknown Source:2)
at android.os.AsyncTask$3.call(Unknown Source:20)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
... 3 more
Common glitch. Try this:
1. Reboot to TWRP -> File Manager
2. Browse to: /data/system
3. Delete file "locksettings.db"
4. Reboot to system.

You will need to set the lock screen password/pattern again.

REPOSTING HERE FOR VISIBILITY

On my Note 7 (Lavender), USSD Bug is fixed
But I still experience random signal loss.. Flashed the update 12hours from the time of making this post, so far, have noticed signal loss three times while in use.. Fortunately, was able to get a screenshot when it happened the third time.. I hope this bug can be squashed for good

Other than that, the Rom is ok, still consumes ram and battery more than on MIUI 11, but I hope that would be addressed soon

Thanks for all the hardwork devs

Attachments

• IMG_20200529_205415.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 229
anyone using superwallpaper? the clock in aod is not centre, previous version the clock is centre with earth or mars image.
6f290ad073a601cb5e36951151698dd8.jpg

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

anyone using superwallpaper? the clock in aod is not centre, previous version the clock is centre with earth or mars image.

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk
That's a feature by Xiaomi, not an issue... (better readability).
But if you want to install previous version (as system-apps), uninstall current "Super Wallpaper" apps then install previous version => https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/super-wallpaper-does-not-available-in-mi-9t.55608/#post-541686
;)

I know that you are not a Xiaomi employe, but someone who is bringing joy to many xiaomi phone users on weekly basis
Iwas just wondering why would they to that .
My point is that I have no idea. I re-enabled the toggle and it works fine. We are confused too.

Reactions: AndresDB
5.28.20 Miui 12

Location keeps given apps ALLOWED ALL the time. I set them to only during use after a few hours. They are all set to allowed all the time again. Its draining my battery. I did a fresh wipe with miui 12 too. Its still the same.

Reactions: ethanbonehill
Was that option ever there?

P.S. I wouldn't recommend calling me a goat again.

No, in my Mi 9T Pro it has not existed, but I know, that it is an option of android. And I thought that you geniuses could add it.

PS: Sorry about the goat, I got carried away by your profile picture.

Greetings and thanks for your contributions.