[INFO] Known Issues (Weekly) & FAQ

- [Lockscreen] Fingerprint does not work when screen is OFF. Must double tap to wake first.
- [Lockscreen] Always show fingerprint icon when device is locked does not work and won't show fingerprint icon.
- Flashing vbmeta.img (for devices like MI9SE) is not implemented when updating rom , therefore bricks device after update.
- [Nitifications] Bubbles does not remember position nor settings (also can not be disabled in settings as available in stock Android 11)
- [Lockscreen] Unlocking animation is laggy
- [Assistant] Swipe from bottom right corner to activate Google Assistant does not activate Google Assistant
- [Camera] Hold shutter to record video freezes camera after 2 seconds

Last edited:
No, since we modify these apps, they can't be normal data apps and have to be system apps instead.
On official ROMs, they are data apps installed by the system on first boot.

Along the same line: I much prefer the global-minus-one version of app vault over the Chinese one that is part of xiaomi.eu ROMs. I have it installed in parallel, and it works perfectly. However, after each reboot, the Chinese one is started, and I have to go to settings-home screen to change it to none and "back" to app vault to get the global one active.
Is there any way to fully replace the Chinese one with the global one? My phone is rooted and I am tech-savvy enough to get it done if at all possible.

For fix this issue, replace your wallpaper with a SuperWallPaper.
Oh that's is the answer why I was able to use bubbles after update the rom . I remember that time wallpaper is automatically reset to super wallpaper instead my custom wallpaper...
Anyway, xiaomi still need to fix this problem..

Sent from my POCO F2 Pro using Tapatalk

Along the same line: I much prefer the global-minus-one version of app vault over the Chinese one that is part of xiaomi.eu ROMs. I have it installed in parallel, and it works perfectly. However, after each reboot, the Chinese one is started, and I have to go to settings-home screen to change it to none and "back" to app vault to get the global one active.
Is there any way to fully replace the Chinese one with the global one? My phone is rooted and I am tech-savvy enough to get it done if at all possible.
Not supposed to happen, Global app vault should remain active after reboot if installed. I'll check it in depth.

Xiaomi.eu update system apps in every weekly updates?
Yes, most of them at least, as long as they are not plagued with Chinese.

Not supposed to happen, Global app vault should remain active after reboot if installed. I'll check it in depth.

Good to know! It has been like this since I installed the global app vault, and hasn't changed now with MIUI12.5/Android 11 (on Raphael). .

on Mi 10 Ultra. the "Dual Band WLAN speed boost" setting in WLAN assistant will toggle off by itself after a while.

Reactions: Giulik
Music App Bug

@MMETMA: I'm facing this weird bug
The music app notification has the progress bar for some songs and not for other songs

And for some songs that doesn't have the progress bar when you go to the next song and go back it shows the progress bar
e15eedd6edb9da8696518eecf2c31f8c.jpg
fe530d2a8b54a4f2e1701e4623839a5f.jpg
136728e2caded5c9f9f47af70ecfd405.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mansurcan
I encountered the following problems on my Mi 9 SE:
  • Fingerprint sensor doesn't work when AOD is off and screen is OFF. Must double tap to wake first. This problem existed on 20.12.28 and still exists on 21.1.6.
  • The system plays the notification sound when I exit silent mode using the icon in Control Center, no matter if the Unmute sound switch is turned on or off. If I use the mute icon below the volume slider, it works as expected: when the Unmute sound switch is turned on, it plays the notification sound, when it is turned off, it doesn't play. This problem is new on 21.1.6, I didn't encounter before.

Last edited:
Since the MIUI 12.5 and Android 11 update (MI 9) the setting in the attachment doesn't work anymore. I don't get any older notifications on the Lockscreen when swiping down on Lockscreen, the notification bar doesn't appear. Also it's not possible to dismiss any actual notifications by swiping them to the right on the Lockscreen, then the phone just vibrates.

Attachments

• IMG_20210110_155121.jpg
    IMG_20210110_155121.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 183
Reactions: Pecas93
Music App Bug

@MMETMA: I'm facing this weird bug
The music app notification has the progress bar for some songs and not for other songs

And for some songs that doesn't have the progress bar when you go to the next song and go back it shows the progress bar
e15eedd6edb9da8696518eecf2c31f8c.jpg
fe530d2a8b54a4f2e1701e4623839a5f.jpg
136728e2caded5c9f9f47af70ecfd405.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk
Had similar issue after i updated the music app.
Version 5.2.07i works well.
Uninstall any updates to the music app

[ 21.1.6/7 ]
[x] System UI: The "Glow" charging animation is not working. [Some Android 11 devices]
Because of this issue wireless charging on Mi 9 crashes and it stops charging.
With any animation turned on it crashes. When set to no animation it will work.

MIUI : 20.12.29 and 21.1.6
After discharge, I charge my phone, I open my phone, first problem is that every time my phone is discharged, when i turn it back on the phone freezes in the Launcher and system UI stops working, I always have to reboot 1-2 times, this time I found all the settings deleted, with the language reset to English, and now I cannot connect to the WiFi, it tells me that "Unable to connect to the network"
@Igor Eisberg

It's working in China closed beta
And we haven't changed it at all, so you might wanna prove that.

MIUI : 20.12.29 and 21.1.6
After discharge, I charge my phone, I open my phone, first problem is that every time my phone is discharged, when i turn it back on the phone freezes in the Launcher and system UI stops working, I always have to reboot 1-2 times, this time I found all the settings deleted, with the language reset to English, and now I cannot connect to the WiFi, it tells me that "Unable to connect to the network"
@Igor Eisberg
Sounds too vague, nothing that we can reproduce.

And we haven't changed it at all, so you might wanna prove that.

Sounds too vague, nothing that we can reproduce.

What detail you need?
There is a way to log something?
The problem is that now after i charge of my phone down, wifi dont work anymore, is activated, i see many wifi networks, but i cant connect, i through that maybe was WPA2 for AES, reading in web, but i tried also with wifi without password, phone return me error "Unable to connect to network".
So i though maybe the update fix, ok i installed 21.1.6 but didnt work.
I tried to reset settings, reset network settings, deleted data and cache of many apps, nothing work.
My wifi is blocked.
I think maybe my modem firmware is damaged, i dont know.
I need a modem file for MI 10, and i tried to flash.
4G work but wifi no.