[INFO] Known Issues (Weekly) & FAQ

Hi guys, I have a question: I saw that the "system app updates" item is missing in the settings, I was reading in the "bug" section but I couldn't find anything about it

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-03-09-08-09-09-025_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-03-09-08-09-09-025_com.android.settings.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
Hi guys, I have a question: I saw that the "system app updates" item is missing in the settings, I was reading in the "bug" section but I couldn't find anything about it
Hello,

System-apps updates menu in phone's settings is removed in Xiaomi.eu ROMs because system-apps are modified by Xiaomi.eu devs and are updated when a new ROM is released.

;)

Reactions: geoorg and c4rdix
Mi 8 program and control center stop working after update to last update...I try with 4-5 versions but no results...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-03-11-01-39-59-760_com.miui.home.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-03-11-01-39-59-760_com.miui.home.jpg
    623.3 KB · Views: 206
  • Screenshot_2021-03-11-01-40-06-613_com.miui.home.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-03-11-01-40-06-613_com.miui.home.jpg
    737.2 KB · Views: 203
Mi 8 program and control center stop working after update to last update...I try with 4-5 versions but no results...
Nothing I can tell you with that vague info, nothing is wrong with our ROM. Clean flash without restoring any online backups is your best option.

Reactions: Bulgariamen
Hello everyone. I apologize in advance for my english.
I already wrote about this in the bugs section, but there is no answer yet.
I found out such a problem - when the device is connected to the car via bluetooth, the connection status is "Connected (except audio)". If I disable AAC for this connection, the checkbox will still return to the "Enabled" status when I close settings. When I try to change the audio codec in developer mode, the changes are also not saved and are reset to "default" after close dev. settings. Car of 2020, this problem did not arise on the stable rom. I also tried to delete the connection, restart the phone and car media center - to no avail. The only problem is with this connection, the headphones work without problems.

The blacklist filter to block calls only blocks calls made from mobile phones, it does not block calls from landlines.
Poco F2 Pro with eu weekly.
Inviato dal mio Redmi K30 Pro utilizzando Tapatalk

Big delay when swiping between Google discover and homescreen, cause it blurs and unblurs (discover needs to be blurred too)

Sent from my M2007J3SG using Tapatalk

Is it normal that the full screen gesture indicator has a bar in apps? (that is, it is not separate as an iPhone)

The blacklist filter to block calls only blocks calls made from mobile phones, it does not block calls from landlines.
Poco F2 Pro with eu weekly.

Inviato dal mio Redmi K30 Pro utilizzando Tapatalk

Reporting just a minor issue:
When you share a barcode scan with the barcode scanner the share is probably in chinese (I have english as the system language).

Attachments

• IMG_20210319_173446.jpg
    IMG_20210319_173446.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 204
Mi 9 Lite / Mi CC9 - v 21.3.10

- Formated Data
- Installed Orangefox R11
- Wiped data and internal storage
- Installed pyxis EU ROM v21.3.10

=Fingerprint sensor doesn't work :(

I already tried deleting the locksettings.db but that didn't work.

Any ideas?

edit: i got the latest magisk.apk installed but no root applied yet.

Last edited:
HUGE and DANGEROUS bug in MIUI 12 running Android 11 on Mi Note 10 Lite.
This happened to me twice so far, that goes to show that it's not a one off bug, nor user error. 2 times already, when I restarted the phone (actual restart routine) the system corrupts itself, flashes at the MIUI logo, then detecting that there is a problem, it proceeds to boot into recovery mode. But nothing helps. Only EDL Mode, for which only the pins work. Sent the phone to an authorized service center, they reflashed the firmware, running Android 10. After updating the phone again to the latest stable build, after a month, exactly this happened again.

21.3.17 Mi 10 (Umi)

Back button sometimes not working in apps. Example: Facebook, instagram, telegram. İ pressed 3 4 times to back button but is not working. İ must wait for 1-2 minute. İt is working after waiting.

Anyone confirm?

Sent from my Mi 10 using Tapatalk

HUGE and DANGEROUS bug in MIUI 12 running Android 11 on Mi Note 10 Lite.
This happened to me twice so far, that goes to show that it's not a one off bug, nor user error. 2 times already, when I restarted the phone (actual restart routine) the system corrupts itself, flashes at the MIUI logo, then detecting that there is a problem, it proceeds to boot into recovery mode. But nothing helps. Only EDL Mode, for which only the pins work. Sent the phone to an authorized service center, they reflashed the firmware, running Android 10. After updating the phone again to the latest stable build, after a month, exactly this happened again.
Please show us a screenshot of the "My device" section of your phone to see which ROM you are actuallly using. Thank you.

Hello, I'd like to report a rather serious bug almost every weekly so far has (more like gallery app bug):
When I take pic or generate a media file gallery "sees" it and if you open the app you can see it. Nso the issue:
If you delete the file after gallery is aware of its existance it seems like it is NOT going to remove it from the app (there are tiles with the deleted media files, containing the thumbnail, sometimes, and some of their attributes, like date created etc.
If many files gather (like a thousand pictures from camera or tens of thousands of screenshots in my case) and you delete them (or move them to an external device) with any app but the gallery, those tiles are left behind. If it was an album being moved then you ~can simply delete the album (like in my case). If you try to delete specific files then things start getting harder. (I ~don't remember to have tried to mass delete albums with the gallery, I ~can't remember if I had deleted those pics with the gallery app. It has the trash bin which also makes it harder to delete them.)
BUT that's ~not the biggest problem. I think ever since I deleted ~30.000 screenshots from my phone with a file manager or woth gallery (I think I started with total commander then used the gallery to delete the pics) gallery takes up ~20-40% of my battery, which is really a lot and heats up my phone for hours at ~65°C! Deleting the data (twice) of the app (through twrp) hasn't fixed it. I ~am forced to use the ultra battery saver mode which prevents the gallery from turning on. I think it's still looking for the deleted files... I might factory reset my phone to fix this, but I ~don't wanna do it every time I empty my screenshots. I ~don't know if the rom developers can do anything about it or if it's an issue the gallery developers have to deal with, but it's really causing problems to my phone. Could a developer please help?

Hi there,
21.3.24 Mi 10 Pro (cmi)
Dual apps are still unable to access gallery images. It worked on MIUI 12.2.4 (Stable), also works on Mi 9. I tried to delete the dual accounts, and recreate the dual apps. It doesn't work. I still can't send any images by Dual Apps. For some apps, this function is critical, as access to Gallery is the only way to send images, e.g. WeChat. For Whatsapp, I have to click more to use the Gallery.
What's more, the dual apps can't use some other apps. For example, I downloaded a PDF from a dual app, when I clicked the file, it couldn't find any app to open the file.
Could any developer confirm the issue?

Hi there,
21.3.24 Mi 10 Pro (cmi)
Dual apps are still unable to access gallery images. It worked on MIUI 12.2.4 (Stable), also works on Mi 9. I tried to delete the dual accounts, and recreate the dual apps. It doesn't work. I still can't send any images by Dual Apps. For some apps, this function is critical, as access to Gallery is the only way to send images, e.g. WeChat. For Whatsapp, I have to click more to use the Gallery.
What's more, the dual apps can't use some other apps. For example, I downloaded a PDF from a dual app, when I clicked the file, it couldn't find any app to open the file.
Could any developer confirm the issue?
Do you think that is what caused my battery drain issue from gallery? Hmmm. Anyways, check if you want island to make dual apps: https://island.oasisfeng.com/

I don't think so. That's more of a dual app thing. Thx for mentioning island app, but I prefer dual apps provided by the system Island also sperates storage.
Ok, btw, just to know, island uses work profile. Work profile uses a different storage by deafult. Island though, shows a way of using the nomral profile storage too.