Weekly To Stable

Gosta

Members
Mar 23, 2016
I am interested in changing my mi4c ROM from weekly to stable.

- Is it necessary any particular step to do so?
- Are there significant differences between weekly and stable?
- Should it be updated from updater app or via TWRP?

Thanks in advance ;)

Hi mate. I was on 6.4.28 last and found the battery life appalling. In truth previous 3-5 builds have been the same. Now I just clean flashed the xiaomi.eu stable and battery life is considerably better. The stable doesn't have the New Weather app and probably other weekly tweaks but I am OK with that

Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk

Hi mate. I was on 6.4.28 last and found the battery life appalling. In truth previous 3-5 builds have been the same. Now I just clean flashed the xiaomi.eu stable and battery life is considerably better. The stable doesn't have the New Weather app and probably other weekly tweaks but I am OK with that

Which steps did you follow to do a clean flash?

Just the usual through TWRP, wipe data, wipe cache, wipe dalvik and format system. Please remember this will remove everything you had installed but not your photos, music, videos etc.

Hi, I have a doubt. I want to do a "clear" installation removing apps, data, settings, pics, video before flashing ROM, using twrp. What options does I select? For example, "System" could be dangerous because it deletes Rom zip file in internal memory. My Xiaomi Mi4c doesn't support external memory. THX for your help

Hi, I have a doubt. I want to do a "clear" installation removing apps, data, settings, pics, video before flashing ROM, using twrp. What options does I select? For example, "System" could be dangerous because it deletes Rom zip file in internal memory. My Xiaomi Mi4c doesn't support external memory. THX for your help
A clean wipe... That doesn't delete stored personal data is like this:

Wipe Data
Wipe System
Wipe Cache
Wipe Dalvik

Install desired ROM and Wipe Cache/Dalvik.

Thanks, reading other post,it seems to me System Wipe is very dangerous, after that the only way to restart mobile is using ADB/fastboot tools via Windows pc

Thanks, reading other post,it seems to me System Wipe is very dangerous, after that the only way to restart mobile is using ADB/fastboot tools via Windows pc
After you do that your phone can't boot into an OS anymore since you deleted it, but you're about to flash a new ROM which will write files to \system. \system often gets wiped by the rom script anyway.

This how @PunkthemonK wrote it is good way to do it.

Wipe Data
Wipe System
Wipe Cache
Wipe Dalvik

Install desired ROM and Wipe Cache/Dalvik.

Well you don't necessarily have to wait for a new stable release. If you want to change to the current build you can do it now and when new version is there just update it on top. You don't have to do full wipe then.

Reactions: PunkthemonK
Good suggestion, but I would avoid Wipe System, I'm afraid it is too "dangerous", Mi4C has only one partition, if System Wipe deletes ROM_Libra_Stable.zip too, the recovery could be a very demanding job.

System wipe doesnt remove the rom zip. The rom zip is in \data\data which remains untouched by this. Even if it would remove it your phone is always accessible from within recovery to access memory to transfer zip from pc to phone.

The system wipe is not dangerous if you have a zip rom on your internal storage. After the wipes suggested you have to install zip rom and them reboot and everything will be allright.

Inviato dal mio Mi-4c utilizzando Tapatalk

Thanks, your opinion, in attached files
Screenshot_2016-05-17-18-46-34_com.android.fileexplorer.png
Screenshot_2016-05-17-18-46-57_com.android.fileexplorer.png
what I can see with file explorer, is Memoria Interna a safe directory not erased by Data Wype or System Wip?

Let me say grazie to Stefano131270...in Italian, sono spaventato di fare manovre azzardate, ho rischiato di buttare il Mi4c di un giorno di vita, mentre il mio onestissimo LG Optimus LII avrà fatto mezzo aggiornamento in tutta la sua vita

Reactions: Stefano131270
Thanks, your opinion, in attached filesView attachment 12310 View attachment 12311 what I can see with file explorer, is Memoria Interna a safe directory not erased by Data Wype or System Wip?
Yep, wipe data and wipe system erase partition data e partition system,but will not erase sdcard (memoria interna) just pay attention when select what erase and everything will go ok

Inviato dal mio Mi-4c utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: Stefano131270
Let me say grazie to Stefano131270...in Italian, sono spaventato di fare manovre azzardate, ho rischiato di buttare il Mi4c di un giorno di vita, mentre il mio onestissimo LG Optimus LII avrà fatto mezzo aggiornamento in tutta la sua vita
Sergio, non butti niente, puoi rimediare a tutto