What is Soft Brick ? Hard Brick ?

nikakvo

Members
Jan 15, 2020
Hello guys,​

Let's talk about what is soft brick and hard brick. many of the users they don't even know what is the difference between soft/hard brick. So today i gonna speak little bit for that.Bricking is classified into two types, namely hard and soft, depending on the device's ability to function.

Soft Brick - A "soft bricked" device may show signs of life, but boots unsuccessfully or may display an error screen. For example when we have bootloop or you are stuck in fastboot mode and you are not able to do nothing more. This we call it soft brick. It`s easy to fix it. You can do:

1. Factory reset - Enter in recovery mod and wipe data. Done. (Here you gonna lose all your data like picture, music etc.)

2. Fastboot mode - Here i gonna speak little bit how to do that. First of all, you must have installed drivers on your PC to be able to work with fastboot and adb with your phone.The best drivers is Platform Tools Here have a little trick when you download it. Unrar the zip file. Copy the folder in C: drive. Now is important to add path in environment variables Now you can work with fastboot and adb from anywhere on your PC. Download the Rom for your device. I use this site for example. Choose Global Stable Fastboot Rom. When is downloaded just unrar the zip file. Double click on the folder. There have many scripts. Connect your phone on the PC and enter in fastboot mode (power button + volume down holding). Double click on flash all bat. Wait until the process is finished. And.... Boom You are done. You have brand new phone now.After this operation the phone gonna reboot alone. Setting up your phone if you want. Enter in fastboot mode again and flash your recovery. Reboot in recovery and flash your faver rom or whatever you want. All Done.

Hard Brick - Hard bricked devices generally show little to no signs of life. A hard bricked device does not power on or show any vendor logo; the screen remains turned off or blank. Some of the major reasons for hard bricking include installing firmware not intended for the device, severe physical damage, interrupting a firmware flashing procedure, or following a flashing procedure incorrectly.

In the case of Android devices, some kernel bugs have been known that affect the /data partition in the eMMC chip, which becomes corrupted during certain operations such as wiping and flashing.

Recovering from a hard brick is generally considered difficult and requires the use of a more direct programming interface to the device; such an interface usually exists, as there must be a way to program the initial firmware on an unprogrammed device. However, additional tools or connections may be needed.

Most devices can be bricked in a variety of ways. Resolution generally follows a process of analyzing the boot process, determining the sub-type of hard brick, and making changes with the help of external (non-bricked) devices.

I have redmi Note 7 (lavender) So i gonna post here the solution of how to unbrick this device if somebody have Hard Brick. Оnly one thing be careful

Unbrick Redmi Note 7 (Lavender) Tutorial

So that`s it For Now. Good Luck To All. I hope the article was useful. See Yaaaaaaa Bay Bay :)

Last edited: