What should i do to update the rom after i rooted my device?

Kristianidis

Members
Feb 2, 2023
What's the process of updating the rom (fastboot) while my device is rooted? Do i have to disable all modules before update? If i update the rom, root will be removed?

Usually no need to disable anything unless the module specifically asks for it (read their instructions), root will be removed after an update. What I've sometimes done is update, but not reboot, immediately re-root, then boot to system, so settings for modules aren't lost. Obviously this can sometimes cause problems, bootloops and likely won't get much support here.

Reactions: Trtrtr70
Usually no need to disable anything unless the module specifically asks for it (read their instructions), root will be removed after an update. What I've sometimes done is update, but not reboot, immediately re-root, then boot to system, so settings for modules aren't lost. Obviously this can sometimes cause problems, bootloops and likely won't get much support here.
What if i take the boot.img, patch it again in magisk, rename it to boot.img and replace with the original?

Take the boot.img from the rom you want to update to and patch-flash that one.
Can't i rename the patched file to boot.img and then put the file on images folder so it gets replaced and when i update the rom it will update with that patched boot.img?

So if I have no modules than I can update like normally and than reroot