What's: Basic Google services ?

E-OSy

Members
Jul 14, 2020
com.miui.securitycenter has a shortcut for com.miui.googlebase.ui.GmsCoreSettings (see image)

I would like to know what this exactly does, is this a replacement for gms ? I do not have gms installed but the option to enable this is disabled

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-10-07-22-37-03-107_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    Screenshot_2020-10-07-22-37-03-107_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    51 KB · Views: 334

Igor Eisberg

Developer
Staff member
Oct 6, 2016
China ROMs for certain devices come with very basic set of Google apps for whatever reason. We replace that with a full collection of Google apps (minimal, without Play Store apps like Gmail, Chrome, etc).

Reactions: E-OSy

E-OSy

Members
Jul 14, 2020
China ROMs for certain devices come with very basic set of Google apps for whatever reason. We replace that with a full collection of Google apps (minimal, without Play Store apps like Gmail, Chrome, etc).

Do you know the packed name for these or are these customized google apps ( so have the same name as there official google apps ) ?

Everyone has there own reason why to avoid gms, I use the aurora play store and f droid client, but google maps is a nessessary app that works, except gps, and other apps that complain about missing gms. I hoped this feature could help with this ?

Igor Eisberg

Developer
Staff member
Oct 6, 2016
Do you know the packed name for these or are these customized google apps ( so have the same name as there official google apps ) ?

Everyone has there own reason why to avoid gms, I use the aurora play store and f droid client, but google maps is a nessessary app that works, except gps, and other apps that complain about missing gms. I hoped this feature could help with this ?
I don't know. Good luck.

Reactions: E-OSy