New When uninstalling app the cache folder inside Android/data/ folder is not being removed

diegopau

Members
Mar 20, 2019
Hi,

I am coordinating a group of developers for a few apps we are building on both Android and iOS. Sometimes i do some testing on the apps and I use my Mi Max 3 with right now Xiaomi.eu beta ROM version 9.3.14.

The apps we develop sometimes have cache issues, so when there are changes on the server and those changes are not reflected on the app then it is usually a cache issue and all we have to do is either uninstall the app and installing it again or use the Clear data + Clear cache option so we start from zero. This is working right now in my Samsung Galaxy S7, with the same exact app we are working on. When I uninstall the app on my Xiaomi Mi Max 3 the folder Android/data/com.nm.beautyforce/cache (beautyforce is the name of our app) remains, and i have to manually remove it.

Is this something that might be fixed by doing a full wipe of my device or could it be a bug? everything else is working perfectly.

Thank you in advance.

Hi,

I am coordinating a group of developers for a few apps we are building on both Android and iOS. Sometimes i do some testing on the apps and I use my Mi Max 3 with right now Xiaomi.eu beta ROM version 9.3.14.

The apps we develop sometimes have cache issues, so when there are changes on the server and those changes are not reflected on the app then it is usually a cache issue and all we have to do is either uninstall the app and installing it again or use the Clear data + Clear cache option so we start from zero. This is working right now in my Samsung Galaxy S7, with the same exact app we are working on. When I uninstall the app on my Xiaomi Mi Max 3 the folder Android/data/com.nm.beautyforce/cache (beautyforce is the name of our app) remains, and i have to manually remove it.

Is this something that might be fixed by doing a full wipe of my device or could it be a bug? everything else is working perfectly.

Thank you in advance.
Not sure what to tell you. Better fix your app, or something.

Not sure what to tell you. Better fix your app, or something.

Thanks for the answer. Its not the app obviously. Same app installed in many different devices, only my Mi Max 3 with this ROM has the issue. I just explained how I found the problem. I tried more now and its happening with any app installed. I uninstall the app, the com.xxxx folder is not removed from /Android/data/

I'll wipe everything and see what happens.