Where did all them Hollywood movies go?

Nov 30, 2012
Hi all,

I just realized that all Hollywood movies are no longer watchable. Are you guys having the same issue? It seems that Xiaomi has started to geo lock their content? Started yesterday, when I select "United States" in the filter menu, only 2 movies turned up. Today, it's 4 movies.. what happened?

iBotPeaches

Script Gatekeeper
Oct 31, 2011
It wouldn't be Xiaomi ge-locking it would be other companies locking Xiaomi firmware.

What app is this your using? Google Play?

Nov 30, 2012
At the way it is now, I'm pretty sure it's already geo locked. Wonder if there are any fast China IP based VPN to try this out..

Apr 22, 2013
They said they will bring them back, just probably not for us lol. Us is just filtered out atm.
The files are still on the server, damn they pulled the plug really fast, some serious threats must have happened. :mad:
It was fun while it lasted...
Guess its time for vpn soon.... :D

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk 2

Nov 30, 2012
VPN is still very much dependent on the link speed.. and most VPN providers can't provide decent speeds for HD video streaming.. Perhaps using DNS could overcome this.. but I've yet to know of a DNS provider that could support Chinese IPTV boxes.. Only Hulu or Netflix ones so far. Oh well, the Mi Box was a magical little box.. but it's turning to just another "PPTV/PPS App".

Apr 22, 2013
You know that the box comes pre-installed with pptv? ;)Yes and hong kong vpn will NOT work if they go for mainland china like the other providers.
Yes most vpn too slow, overloaded, Best option would be to rent a own server and use it as a vpn / proxy . Millet support proxy. :)

Nov 30, 2012
Let's say I have a Chinese proxy to use.. how do I set it up on the Mi Box? I don't see any settings to do so from the setup screen..

Apr 22, 2013
In the non existing settings. ;)I think proxy will not work, proxy dont work with pptv/pps, you need to be physical in china, vpn only option.