Who Has Redmi 4 Pro From Gearbest?

Yeah well after almost dying of 3 heart attacks in a row, I successfully flashed the China Dev rom over the ******* s**t Gearbest fake ass ROM.

Steps are as follows, but use the abovementioned thread/guide for sources.

Downloads XiaoMiFlash BETA, not the latest stable release, download the latest China Dev rom Fastboot version and unRAR it, and make sure the path of the folder has no spaces in it, so just put it in like C:/ROM/

Driver enforcing should be disabled for this and so should be antiviruses etc...

After installing XiaomiFLashBeta, go ahead and open it and point its path to the folder in which you unRARed the fastboot ROM, that folder should have another folder call images inside it and some other bat files.

Now that you have selected the path to the folder in the MI flash app, check clear all on the bottom pannel (this will obviously wipe all user data).
And what you want to do is, with the phone powered on, and USB Debugging enabled, issue ''adb reboot edl'' using an ADB shell, and here is the important part. Just 2 or 3 seconds after the QDLoader appears in your device manager, hit the flash button. If you take more than 10 seccconds to hit it it will say error communicating with port. Now just let it flash everything and it should take bout 180 seconds or so.

After its done flashing and the app states the the flash has been successful, go ahead and unplug the phone and hold the power button until it vibrates (10 secs more or less). After that the phone will start to boot. DO NOT turn off the phone. The first boot can take about 15 minutes, and touching the power button could brick your device.

Thats how I got rid of the fake Gearbest rom. If you have any questions just ask

Hi, this guide should also works for Redmi 4A?
And, did you use the BETA miflash because you have a 32 bit system or because its the only one that works for that model?
Thanks

It SHOULD work for Redmi 4A, of course using its own ROM etc... since it uses a Snapdragon Processor. And I used the beta miflash because the 30/8/16 miflash didnt even recognize the phone, even though I have a 64bit system. With beta miflash everything worked out.

It was present in the package of gearbest the adapter for the Chinese electrical outlet?

I just got my Redmi 4 Pro from Gearbest today. Came with the ''MIUI Global Stable 8.0.5.0.o. I asked today Xiaomi for the bootloader unlock permisiion so I should have it in 3-5 days. And I wanted to flash the Xiaomi.EU weekly ROM as soon as I unlocked the bootloader. Should I worry about bricking the device? What is the correct procedure to get it done without bricking the device?

The version with 5 digits instead of 4 seems to be fake. Do make sure it's an official rom, not modified by GearBest

@pilililo2 can you explain how do you unlocked bootloader and install xiaomi.eu? i bought redmi4a and mi4c and i don't know how to unlock boot loader and flash xiaomi.eu

First you need to apply for permission to unlock your bootloader. Go to the MIUI english web page and apply for permission to unlock. It will take some time from 1 to 10 days to have permission but be careful because you can unlock only one device per month per account.

First you need to apply for permission to unlock your bootloader. Go to the MIUI english web page and apply for permission to unlock. It will take some time from 1 to 10 days to have permission but be careful because you can unlock only one device per month per account.
Did you unlock the bootloader while using the gearbest rom? or did you flash the official china rom first?
And after unlock, did you just flash twrp and xiaomi eu rom?

Reactions: croccio
Did you unlock the bootloader while using the gearbest rom? or did you flash the official china rom first?
And after unlock, did you just flash twrp and xiaomi eu rom?
No, always from the latest china dev rom of course, and yes, just after unlocking I flashed twrp and xiaomi.eu rom.

[Quote = "pilililo2, posta: 337576, membro: 165216"] No, sempre dall'ultimo porcellana dev rom, naturalmente, e sì, solo dopo aver sbloccato Mi balenò TWRP e xiaomi.eu rom [/ QUOTE].
how did you installed the china dev rom?

Flashed latest fastboot rom using MiFlashBeta and phone in EmergencyDownloadMode, not fastboot since bootloader is locked by default.

Reactions: doriano71
Thank you for your answer, you give me the ROM link, please.
I use google translate and I find it difficult to look for the Rom.
Thank you so much

Yeah well after almost dying of 3 heart attacks in a row, I successfully flashed the China Dev rom over the ******* s**t Gearbest fake ass ROM.

Steps are as follows, but use the abovementioned thread/guide for sources.

Downloads XiaoMiFlash BETA, not the latest stable release, download the latest China Dev rom Fastboot version and unRAR it, and make sure the path of the folder has no spaces in it, so just put it in like C:/ROM/

Driver enforcing should be disabled for this and so should be antiviruses etc...

After installing XiaomiFLashBeta, go ahead and open it and point its path to the folder in which you unRARed the fastboot ROM, that folder should have another folder call images inside it and some other bat files.

Now that you have selected the path to the folder in the MI flash app, check clear all on the bottom pannel (this will obviously wipe all user data).
And what you want to do is, with the phone powered on, and USB Debugging enabled, issue ''adb reboot edl'' using an ADB shell, and here is the important part. Just 2 or 3 seconds after the QDLoader appears in your device manager, hit the flash button. If you take more than 10 seccconds to hit it it will say error communicating with port. Now just let it flash everything and it should take bout 180 seconds or so.

After its done flashing and the app states the the flash has been successful, go ahead and unplug the phone and hold the power button until it vibrates (10 secs more or less). After that the phone will start to boot. DO NOT turn off the phone. The first boot can take about 15 minutes, and touching the power button could brick your device.

Thats how I got rid of the fake Gearbest rom. If you have any questions just ask

Pilililo2 excuse, I can post Your guide on an Italian forum, to make her translator?
do you agree?

Hi,
I am sorry if this is not probably the right thread, but, since I followed Pilililo2's guide, well.. how to say it: something went amiss and I bricked my brand-new Redmi 4 Pro... :( Everything was going really ok and I strictly followed the instructions.... maybe, just maybe, I did not properly wait, keeping power button pressed, for the phone to power up after the "flashing successful" message in miflash util..... so: the phone is actually (very) hard bricked.... no fastboot, no edl, no led light when charging....

I suppose I would have to get a "deep flash" usb cable or maybe even opening it.... I don't know... is there any caring soul who could provide some insight, please? :(

Did you make sure you were flashing the correct fastboot rom? It worked perfectly for me eventhough I was just trying hit and miss, I didnt follow a guide. You must've put a wrong rom for the phone or it was corrupt or something. Can you get to xiaomi recovery? Do any of the volume button combinations get you anywhere?

Reactions: Axios
Hi, thanks!

No it is cold bricked.... I am thinking to try something like deep flashing cable

I used this image (i am cutting the name, it ended with .tgz and it seemed to me the fastboot version of china developer rom) : markw_images_6.12.8_20161208.0000.00_6.0_cn

Also your PC doesnt detect anything in any of the volume rocker combinations? If your PC doesnt detect anything then yeah you will have to get a deepflash cable

But what does the device manager say it is? It should list it as something at least I think. Cant you get to EDL pushing both volume buttons and get it detected as QDloader? Phone will still seem as if it is turned off.

device manager says not functioning usb device. The phone is totally bricked... no reactions aside that "non functioning usb device"

I fear that this phone is really s**t if one wants to make usable... too many complications, too many difficulties, too many stupid choices made by others... first Xiaomi with the bulls**t of bootlock, then the online shops who make it even worse by installing crap roms.... now: how to open this piece of crap???