Who Has Redmi 4 Pro From Gearbest?

I should have read this thread before i atempted to flash my redmi 4 pro.

When i couldn't unlock with the unlocking tool i tried fastboot oem unlock-go and it seemed to work.
I fastboot flashed cofface_twrp_recovery_markw_1121 and booted it so that i could flash latest EU rom and Supersu (i thought).

The bootloader is relocked and the phone is bricked. At least i know why now.

I cannot get into edl or recovery mode, only fastboot mode.
I've tried the method in the video posted on page 3 in this thread, but repeatedly pressing volume down whilst pushing down volume up and power does nothin. The mi logo flashes and the phone turns off.

you should be able to get into edl with a deep flsh cable (you can easily craft one your self)

Hi guys!
Attention! Gerabest' warranty will be void if you change Rom. It's ecommerce site that sale better than other one, but you can't change firmware yours Xiaomi.
You see here (Warranty Exemptions and Notes): http://www.gearbest.com/about/warranty-and-return.html
'The customer voids the warranty if they:
- Flash the firmware of a device or root a device

....'
Enjoy!

According to their own rules, they sell phones with voided warranty!
Since the fake ROM 8.0.5.0.0 is not spcecificly built for the device!

what a shame

I ordered a Redmi 4 Prime on nov 28th,which was shipped Dec 2nd. It has been more than 15 working days since then. I still didn't receive the parcel yet, even though german priority mail on gearbest says, it woild take about 7-15 working days. The tracking code still doesn't show any changes. Should I start to worry and contact gearbest or be patient? Any others with the same issue?

I ordered a Redmi 4 Prime on nov 28th,which was shipped Dec 2nd. It has been more than 15 working days since then. I still didn't receive the parcel yet, even though german priority mail on gearbest says, it woild take about 7-15 working days. The tracking code still doesn't show any changes. Should I start to worry and contact gearbest or be patient? Any others with the same issue?

Even in Italy we have the same problem, with the holidays there are many slowdowns.

Please tell me what is so negative on the gearbest rom? My redmi is on the way. I will probably want to have a root and twrp recovery on it but not at once. So that would be the reasons to go away from the shop rom. I'll go to xiaomi.eu rom or to an alternative eventually.
But is it the gearbest rom really so bad? I've heard it is multi language one with gapps installed and free of bloatware. The down side is that there are no updates.... Are there further known bugs or issues with it?

Yes thats mostly it, although there may be no bug because everyone flashes a new rom when they get the phone so they dont have time to try it out either

In my case the gearbest Rom had many translation errors (german) and some features missing. It also had the old V7 status bar...

Please tell me what is so negative on the gearbest rom? My redmi is on the way. I will probably want to have a root and twrp recovery on it but not at once. So that would be the reasons to go away from the shop rom. I'll go to xiaomi.eu rom or to an alternative eventually.
But is it the gearbest rom really so bad? I've heard it is multi language one with gapps installed and free of bloatware. The down side is that there are no updates.... Are there further known bugs or issues with it?
I have the redmi 4 pro from Gearbest with the 8.0.5.0 rom.
I have used it for 3 weeks now. I have to say I have seen no significant issues with that Rom. It is fast, stable (not 1 crash in 3 weeks) and I have yet to find any serious bugs.
So I am at a loss why people are so anxious to get rid of this rom. Happy to hear good reasons to switch..?
Once there is a stable reliable eu rom I wikk probably switch since the current version does not receive any ato updates pp

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

Has anybody bought a redmi 4 pro from Geekbuying ? I sorted one out for my daughter , and apparently the bootloader is already unlocked . Anyone know what their shop rom is like , and if bootloaders are locked , how are these stores installing their own roms ?

Please read before posting, this was already answered 2 or 3 times in this forum. They install roms by using Emergency Download Mode on Qualcomm chipsets, it allows to flash roms with the bootloader locked.

Please read before posting, this was already answered 2 or 3 times in this forum. They install roms by using Emergency Download Mode on Qualcomm chipsets, it allows to flash roms with the bootloader locked.
Hi , just read the forum again and I found using EDL is a way of getting out of the shop roms . No reference to that being the method shops use to install their roms . And in the only Geekbuying reference I could find , the poster was still having to apply for the unlock code , whereas I was told by Geekbuying that the bootloader is unlocked already ( told the same for mi5 also ) . Please bear in mind that some people here might be new to this stuff , and what is implicit might not be so obvious to us : )

It might be that you rbootloader IS actually unlocked. I bought from Gearbest and mine was locked and with a fake rom. So I had to flash via edl to china dev rom and then unlock my device. You can check your bootloader status via ''adb reboot bootloader'' and then ''fastboot oem device-info''

Reactions: Mymymi
It might be that you rbootloader IS actually unlocked. I bought from Gearbest and mine was locked and with a fake rom. So I had to flash via edl to china dev rom and then unlock my device. You can check your bootloader status via ''adb reboot bootloader'' and then ''fastboot oem device-info''

Thanks , that was going to be one of my next questions! When it comes i am obviously going to try to get eu rom on it , though it looks a bit complicated ( to me ).
With regard to the shop/fake roms , I read this in the Gizbeat review :
' The OS on the Redmi 4 Prime is Android 6.0.1 overlayed by MIUI 8. We received ours with a multilingual Global ROM. This is not an official OTA updatable, but more of an under the table type ROM that Xiaomi puts on their phones for resellers '
I thought this was interesting that it would seem to be Xiaomi itself that puts the rom on . Would make sense in a couple of ways a) saves the shop employing people to do it , b) on the occasions I have asked a reseller for help for what is probably only a minor technical difficulty , they haven't been able to help , so I guess they're not likely to have people to do this either. I have also noticed that at least Gearbest and Honorbuy use the same rom 8.0.5.0.0. I expected they would have different numbers if applying independently

Its curious at least, but I dont think it is Xiaomi flashing the ROMs since they would have released them as they do with all their roms, and to todays date there is no global rom available, and that move doesnt make much sense to me, why not release the global rom then and update it?

Its curious at least, but I dont think it is Xiaomi flashing the ROMs since they would have released them as they do with all their roms, and to todays date there is no global rom available, and that move doesnt make much sense to me, why not release the global rom then and update it?
Yes , agreed, doesn't seem rational . But then again , the stores are getting them from somewhere -if the official China rom is a mess as someone earlier stated , and the fake roms are an improvement on that , who is doing it ? Damian at Gizbeat I imagine is 'in the know ' I would have thought.

@pilililo2 I ran your guide now I'm waiting for the restart for about 50 minutes. I have the MI logo on a black screen, it is normal all this waiting?

Last edited:

Wouldn't necessarily worry , but it won't do any harm contacting them and giving them a nudge . Also I am not sure if ' shipped ' is the same as 'posted ' as in ' in transit ' . It could have been packaged with a label sat waiting to be collected, or the tracking information simply not updated -I have received some things today , bought in November , whose tracking info is telling me it is still en route to UK . Despite all the barcodes and electronics I think there is still some human input.

Acutally, it arrived just one day after the post. I should have written this way earlier to speed up the process :D.

Reactions: Mymymi