Who Has Redmi 4 Pro From Gearbest?

trustkill

Members
May 28, 2016
Hi,
Anyone owns a Redmi 4 pro from Gearbest? I ordered one, whats your advice to flash the EU ROM?

I read some threads about bricked phones and I am afraid to brick my Phone, too.

I ordered two, but they will be here in 7 to 15 days. I hope EDL is not blocked, so I'll flash the official rom, unlock them and flash the EU rom right away...
The first one to get it post here, ok? So we can be updated...

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

Last edited:
how was your procedure with the mi max?
i also ordered a redmi 4 pro from gearbest (didnt thsught about that it would probably have a shop rom...)
I was planning to install xiaomi.eu rom but now i fear to brick the device

With the Mi Max I applied for the unlocking code but as soon as it arrived another procedure was developed, so (with the tutorial from here or XDA) I flashed the TWRP image in EDL mode (with mi flash beta), then installed the EU rom. This process was valid until some weeks ago, since now flashing an actual rom being still locked gives you a soft bricked device.
I then unlocked the Mi Max and been flashing the weekly roms as soon as they're out.
Since my Redmi's order is still in processing state, I asked through the contact form if they could be so kind not to install anything and leave the devices as they are, but my hopes are not high...

what do you mean, that it will give you a soft brick?
I thought wenn my redmi 4 arrives i could just flash the china dev through miflash end then unlock the bootloader?

It will soft brick IF you install other roms with TWRP while still bootloader locked.
If EDL mode still works (boot with Vol up and down pressed), flashing through Mi Flash will be fine, then you can unlock and all be just fine... Do you have an ETA on your order? Where are you from?

im from germany. My device is already at hongkong sorting centre therefore i think it should arrive in about 10 days.
I hope that by then someone has already tried the procedure with the redmi 4 pro^^

Reactions: trustkill
There's another guy on here that bricked his Redmi Pro by flashing the miui rom in fastboot mode, but all guides I found before mentioned EDL mode, not fastboot, as the way to get rid of vendor roms... don't know why he did that...
Anyway, let's wait and see...

I just got my Redmi 4 Pro from Gearbest today. Came with the ''MIUI Global Stable 8.0.5.0.o. I asked today Xiaomi for the bootloader unlock permisiion so I should have it in 3-5 days. And I wanted to flash the Xiaomi.EU weekly ROM as soon as I unlocked the bootloader. Should I worry about bricking the device? What is the correct procedure to get it done without bricking the device?

You could try to unlock with the Rom that is on the device.
If it doesnt work you have to install the latest cina Dev Rom First.
I guess the safest method to flash the China dev Rom would probably be using a deep flash Cable.

What I am going to do is wait till I get my unlock code first. And then flash the china developer rom using updater app, which shouldnt be dangerous. I dont know if it will let me but at least it shoudnt damage the device if it doesnt. After that I am going to unlock the bootloader and then flash TWRP and Xiaomi.eu ROM. Hope I get the code soon and everything goes well.

Well I have applied 20hours ago and still nothing. Other forum members on HTCmania are getting the permission on 5 days more or less.

Well, another member here tried to get to dev miui rom with fastboot and bricked the device for good... so following miui official guide is a no no.
Follow this guide http://en.miui.com/thread-235865-1-1.html, it should be fool proof, because EDL mode should be safe to use (it's a snapdragon after all).
Let us know.

Well, another member here tried to get to dev miui rom with fastboot and bricked the device for good... so following miui official guide is a no no.
Follow this guide http://en.miui.com/thread-235865-1-1.html, it should be fool proof, because EDL mode should be safe to use (it's a snapdragon after all).
Let us know.

So what is safer, using EDL (im not familiar with it but I could do some research) or just flashing the chinese developer rom using the inbuilt upgrade app? The only way im discarding is using fastboot as you said, it already bricked one device supposedly.

Flashing the dev rom via updated will NOT work as the room you have is not official (and right now the stable room doesn't even exist for the Redmi 4). You most likely will just get an error and that's all.
I will try EDL first when I get mine. I did it with my Mi Max and got no problems at all.

Flashing the dev rom via updated will NOT work as the room you have is not official (and right now the stable room doesn't even exist for the Redmi 4). You most likely will just get an error and that's all.
I will try EDL first when I get mine. I did it with my Mi Max and got no problems at all.

Yes thats what I was seeing in other forums. I will probably just get some error as some other guys did and end up using EDL to flash the chinese ROM. But first I will wait to get my bootloader unlock permission.

Ill keep you updated.

Yes thats what I was seeing in other forums. I will probably just get some error as some other guys did and end up using EDL to flash the chinese ROM. But first I will wait to get my bootloader unlock permission.

Ill keep you updated.
I would not wait at all, you can simply download all things needed and flash the China dev rom, for that you don't need the unlock permission...

Just FYI, pilililo2 was able to get to China dev rom via EDL mode (after almost having an heart attack )

Reactions: trustkill
I will, once I've got the phone.
If you need it quicker, just read http://en.miui.com/thread-235865-1-1.html because it's almost the same, except for having to get mi flash beta.

Yeah well after almost dying of 3 heart attacks in a row, I successfully flashed the China Dev rom over the ******* s**t Gearbest fake ass ROM.

Steps are as follows, but use the abovementioned thread/guide for sources.

Downloads XiaoMiFlash BETA, not the latest stable release, download the latest China Dev rom Fastboot version and unRAR it, and make sure the path of the folder has no spaces in it, so just put it in like C:/ROM/

Driver enforcing should be disabled for this and so should be antiviruses etc...

After installing XiaomiFLashBeta, go ahead and open it and point its path to the folder in which you unRARed the fastboot ROM, that folder should have another folder call images inside it and some other bat files.

Now that you have selected the path to the folder in the MI flash app, check clear all on the bottom pannel (this will obviously wipe all user data).
And what you want to do is, with the phone powered on, and USB Debugging enabled, issue ''adb reboot edl'' using an ADB shell, and here is the important part. Just 2 or 3 seconds after the QDLoader appears in your device manager, hit the flash button. If you take more than 10 seccconds to hit it it will say error communicating with port. Now just let it flash everything and it should take bout 180 seconds or so.

After its done flashing and the app states the the flash has been successful, go ahead and unplug the phone and hold the power button until it vibrates (10 secs more or less). After that the phone will start to boot. DO NOT turn off the phone. The first boot can take about 15 minutes, and touching the power button could brick your device.

Thats how I got rid of the fake Gearbest rom. If you have any questions just ask