Who Has Redmi 4 Pro From Gearbest?

What I am going to do is wait till I get my unlock code first. And then flash the china developer rom using updater app, which shouldnt be dangerous. I dont know if it will let me but at least it shoudnt damage the device if it doesnt. After that I am going to unlock the bootloader and then flash TWRP and Xiaomi.eu ROM. Hope I get the code soon and everything goes well.

I want also me unlock my redmi 4 pro. I have the same MIUI 8.0.5.0.0 Global 8.0 | Stable.
How can I do? I have problem with audio callings (Sound metallic). I want modify the file build.prop and I not have any permission.

Am I the only one who got a problem with google play services and a redmi 4 pro from gearbest ?

Google play was crashing from time time to time with the fake rom.
And then was crashing a lot after the instalationof the xiaomi.eu rom (Misuite chinese -> dev rom ->unlock -> TWRP -> Install -> xiaomi.eu).

I get rid of the problem using deep wipe with TWRP.
Something was clearly wrong in the caches, even after multiple rom flash and install/desinstall of google services.

Now I have a working redmi4 pro without any problem.

Hi!
Now you may to flash global rom official. You can use Miflash and the global rom fastboot in Edl mode.
Good luck!

Inviato dal mio Redmi 4 utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thank you pilililo2, I followed your instructions and could apply the china dev. After that I was able to unlock the device (after beeing accepted by: google: mi unlock). Then I applied the Global Stable. I am very happy now! No longer gearbest ROM where you weren't even able to delete the facebook app...

Yeah well after almost dying of 3 heart attacks in a row, I successfully flashed the China Dev rom over the ******* s**t Gearbest fake ass ROM.

Steps are as follows, but use the abovementioned thread/guide for sources.

Downloads XiaoMiFlash BETA, not the latest stable release, download the latest China Dev rom Fastboot version and unRAR it, and make sure the path of the folder has no spaces in it, so just put it in like C:/ROM/

Driver enforcing should be disabled for this and so should be antiviruses etc...

After installing XiaomiFLashBeta, go ahead and open it and point its path to the folder in which you unRARed the fastboot ROM, that folder should have another folder call images inside it and some other bat files.

Now that you have selected the path to the folder in the MI flash app, check clear all on the bottom pannel (this will obviously wipe all user data).
And what you want to do is, with the phone powered on, and USB Debugging enabled, issue ''adb reboot edl'' using an ADB shell, and here is the important part. Just 2 or 3 seconds after the QDLoader appears in your device manager, hit the flash button. If you take more than 10 seccconds to hit it it will say error communicating with port. Now just let it flash everything and it should take bout 180 seconds or so.

After its done flashing and the app states the the flash has been successful, go ahead and unplug the phone and hold the power button until it vibrates (10 secs more or less). After that the phone will start to boot. DO NOT turn off the phone. The first boot can take about 15 minutes, and touching the power button could brick your device.

Thats how I got rid of the fake Gearbest rom. If you have any questions just ask

I have the redmi 4 pro from Gearbest with the 8.0.5.0 rom.
I have used it for 3 weeks now. I have to say I have seen no significant issues with that Rom. It is fast, stable (not 1 crash in 3 weeks) and I have yet to find any serious bugs.
So I am at a loss why people are so anxious to get rid of this rom. Happy to hear good reasons to switch..?
Once there is a stable reliable eu rom I wikk probably switch since the current version does not receive any ato updates pp

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk
Hello.
Can u send me a backup/fastboot version of this rom by Gearbest 8.0.5.0.0?
Thank you!

Last edited:
Hello.
Can u send me a backup/fastboot version of this rom by Gearbest 8.0.5.0.0?
Thank you!
Hi. Happy to do so if you tell me what to do and I manage to do it.
Btw, I am still happy with this ROM, still no issues. Only issue is the crackling sounds sometimes as described in other thread.
When I read all the issues with EU ROM and global ROM I have decided to stick with this until something better comes along.

Hi. Happy to do so if you tell me what to do and I manage to do it.
Btw, I am still happy with this ROM, still no issues. Only issue is the crackling sounds sometimes as described in other thread.
When I read all the issues with EU ROM and global ROM I have decided to stick with this until something better comes along.
Ehm... I dont know with recovery stock.
If u have TWRP, you can do it.

Anybody know how its possible a full backup of the miui with recovery stock?

I don't think it's possible, it needs to be done with TWRP but even then I've read people have had trouble backing up or restoring these shop roms.
Something to do with the Cust.img.