New Why does my music pause randomly while my phone is locked and in my pocket?

FireJeff

Members
Sep 7, 2018
Hello !

I'm stucked with this bug since I'm using an android phone (MI 8 SE with stable version 10.2.2 of xiaomi.eu).
I'm listening music with app of miui. All the music is stored inside my phone (in mp3).

I'm getting no issue when I'the phone is unlock or lock in my hand.
But, almost everytime I put the phone in my pocket, the music pauses randomly.
This is really annoying because I have to unlock my phone and play again the song.
Sometimes, the phone is completly blocked for few seconds, but most of the time the song just paused itself.
I tried several things (like disable battery saving, lock the app, reinstall the phone), but the problem persists.

Do you know why this is happening ?

Thanks

Hello. I tried using an other app, but I got the same. It's really annoying ! I am the only one with this issue ?

Here is the log file. I see a lot of errors :
- E CamX : [ERROR][CSL ] camxcslhw.cpp:2137 CSLReleaseBufferHW() [CamxMemProfile] ReleaseBuffer size=1208, handle=0x700046
- E CamX : [ERROR][HAL ] camxmetadatapool.cpp:1457 GetMetadataByTag() Invalid Slot to get metadata by tag(0x8010005)
- E CamX : [ERROR][STATS_AEC] camxcaecstatsprocessor.cpp:1594 SetAlgoBayerHistValue() Unsupported bayer hist channel!
- E ColorFade: eglDestroySurface failed: error 12301
- E ColorFade: at com.android.server.display.ColorFade.logEglError(Unknown Source:28)
- E SurfaceFlinger: prepareFrame for display 0 failed: -2147483648 (Unknown error -2147483648)
- I QcrilOemhookMsgTunnel: [1]processOemHookResponse serial no: 1096 error: 0length=0
- E chromium: [ERROR:ssl_client_socket_impl.cc(964)] handshake failed; returned -1, SSL error code 1, net_error -100
- E AudioFlinger: open /proc/884/cmdline error

What could crash the music app and the phone, please ? This is really annoying !

Attachments

• logcat.txt
    3.8 MB · Views: 1,055
When I'm calling with my usb-c headphones, my phone bugs also when I put it in my pocket (screen freeze for few seconds, then crash of the app). I am the only one with this really annoying problem ?

When I'm calling with my usb-c headphones, my phone bugs also when I put it in my pocket (screen freeze for few seconds, then crash of the app). I am the only one with this really annoying problem ?
If the app crashes, log that.

If the app crashes, log that.

Thanks for your answer.

The music app doesnt crash, it just freezes, then if I play again I got no sound. I have to unplug my headphones to solve the issue. Also, when I'm calling with my headphones and put my phone in my pocket, the phone freezes too and I'm loosing the call.

How do I get the logs ? With adb like I did ?

PS : I reinstalled persist.img, I still have the same issue... I can try to reinstall completly the system, but its annoying.

Last edited:
Thanks for your answer.

The music app doesnt crash, it just freezes, then if I play again I got no sound. I have to unplug my headphones to solve the issue. Also, when I'm calling with my headphones and put my phone in my pocket, the phone freezes too and I'm loosing the call.

How do I get the logs ? With adb like I did ?

PS : I reinstalled persist.img, I still have the same issue... I can try to reinstall completly the system, but its annoying.
Don't know what to tell you, none of us has an issue like that, and our MI 8 SE tester never reported anything like it either.

After reinstalling the phone, I got the same issue :(
I think there is a conflict between google and music apps. I'll tell you if it's confirmed...

Last edited:
Well, it's not related on Google Apps, when I disable them, it's still don't work. Maybe it's the human body sensors which doesn't work well (because it's always when the phone is in my pocket and when I'm in movement) : do you know how to disable proximity and motion sensors (gyroscope) ? Thanks

Last edited:
Hello.

I installed the last weekly version, but I got the same issue : the screen is still freezing when I'm using my usb-c headphone for listening music or calling, only when I put my phone in the pocket. This is even happening when the screen isn't locked. But there is no crash dialog, the app stays open.

It is really annoying ! Nobody else has this issue ?

Last edited:
I think I found the solution. I removed the tempered glass. Since then, I didn't get any issue today (no pause or screen freeze).