Why is it so hard to buy Xiaomi stuff in the UK?

bmtchris

Members
Aug 25, 2021
this year i bought the mi compact projector , a Pro H air purifier and the 3H air purifier, and in all cases I had to import them from europe.
there was, quite literally, nowhere in the UK i could buy them. I even checked with xiaomi CS who confirmed none of them had been officially released in the UK.

there are so many xiaomi products i'd like to buy but it's impossible unless you buy from china or europe, both of which now incur costly customs charges etc
why is this?

Thank Brexit
is it brexit? i don't understand how that would mean you can sell phones, scooters, scales, watches in the uk, but not projectors or air purifers?
it was the same over the last couple of years as well. the uk seems to rarely get much of what the rest of the world receives.

is it brexit? i don't understand how that would mean you can sell phones, scooters, scales, watches in the uk, but not projectors or air purifers?
it was the same over the last couple of years as well. the uk seems to rarely get much of what the rest of the world receives.

Xiaomi only arrived in Europe 5 years ago, and in GB 2 years ago (if I believe my research).

It is nice to sell projectors and air purifiers, but you have to make sure you have people to import them, to sell them, to repair them and so on. I believe the electric standards are also different in the UK compared to most countries in Europe. It is not as simple as a push of a button.

Brexit is just making it even harder.

Xiaomi only arrived in Europe 5 years ago, and in GB 2 years ago (if I believe my research).

It is nice to sell projectors and air purifiers, but you have to make sure you have people to import them, to sell them, to repair them and so on. I believe the electric standards are also different in the UK compared to most countries in Europe. It is not as simple as a push of a button.

Brexit is just making it even harder.
yeah i guess. very frustrating when you want to throw money at a company, but they make it hard lol