Why is my bootloader still locked?

Cagire

Members
Sep 7, 2021
Hello friends,
I went through the process of creating account and requesting unlocking, and got the standard waiting period, 168 (?) hours, which is long passed and my bootloader is still locked.
Can anyone please help me as to what might be the reason for this...I have not attempted any other method since being requested to wait for the stipulated time frame...merely waited patiently, but still it is locked.
Thank you for your help
Cagire
PS...I have a Redmi 9

Last edited:
Do nothing but the following.
1. Run Miunlock
2. Connect your phone to your computer in quick start mode.
3. unlock the bootloader.

All data will be deleted.

Last edited:
Do nothing but the following.
1. Run Miunlock
2. Connect your phone to your computer in quick start mode.
3. unlock the bootloader.

All data will be deleted.
Thank you so much Gogocar. I am currently trying to do this. I launched the the miflash unlock on my pc, signed in, get the....checking if your mi account has permissions...then get couldn't get info unknown error.
Don't know what to do now.
Any further assistance will be gratefully received.

Hello friends,
I went through the process of creating account and requesting unlocking, and got the standard waiting period, 168 (?) hours, which is long passed and my bootloader is still locked.
Can anyone please help me as to what might be the reason for this...I have not attempted any other method since being requested to wait for the stipulatede frame...merely waited patiently, but still it is locked.
Thank you for your help mem
Cagire
PS...I have a Redmi 9
Hello,
It's not just waiting for whatever number of hours. You need to run the official mi unlock tool to unlock your phone after the waiting period. Use you pc as directed by other members.

Reactions: Poney70 and Cagire
Thank you so much Gogocar. I am currently trying to do this. I launched the the miflash unlock on my pc, signed in, get the....checking if your mi account has permissions...then get couldn't get info unknown error.
Don't know what to do now.
Any further assistance will be gratefully received.
Update. having checked settings I found out that I had an outdated version of the unlocker.
Installed new version and hurray now unlocked.
Once again, thank you very much for your prompt reply and concise help.
Have a great day gogocar62.

Reactions: gogocar62