WiFi options

Sean Marrinan

Members
Jul 28, 2014
I can't seem to find the option to enter the username and password for my WiFi connection. Tapping it doesn't work neither does the arrow beside the WiFi name show the option. Its only proxy and IP settings. Anyone care to shed light on my problem. Thanks

Sent from my MI PAD using Tapatalk

If you haven't already input the password then if you select on the WLAN Name you want to connect to it will come up with a box for the password.

If you have already entered the password, when you select the name it will try and connect to that network.

If you have already entered the details then you can select the arrow and at the bottom of the next screen you will see "Forget network" in case you have input the details incorrectly. You can then go through the first step of entering the details again.

I have a work app that saves the WiFi settings to the phone as its a hidden network to the public. but you then need to enter your user and pass. for it to work.mipad assumes I already did it and won't let me modify the settings. Once I forget the WiFi name I'm able to enter it but then my work network is hidden until I reenter from the app and save the WiFi settings again. So basically a cruel loop. Miui custom android ROM is the problem.

I basically need a modify option which stock android gives you. Google play wifi apps just redirect me to the miui settings.

Ouch more complex than I am used to sorry :(

Maybe pop along to http://en.miui.com/forum.php and ask about there as well as there's a lot more users there and hopefully someone can help.

I hope that this feature is only missing for now in the Mi Pad while the interface isn't complete and not that it's an oversite by MIUI.